• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from Scotland...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from PA. I’m a fairly recent import from the UK myself. I shoot all sorts of things, but the flintlocks are just about the most satisfying as far as firearms go.

Dare I ask your cap badge?
Thank you sir. Yes indeed I was in The Royal Highland Fusiliers until all the mergers and we got turned into the second battalion, the royal regiment of Scotland.

I was also fortunate enough to spend a few months in South Carolina with work, and have never been made to feel so welcome somewhere in my life. It tee‘d up my plan to retire to SC. or NC, or Montana, Idaho, Alaska, N Dakota, S Dakota....yeah anywhere rural in the US please 😂

You all are incredibly blessed to live in the country you do, with the freedoms you have.

with regards to the show I work on, we are currently completing season 6, and preparing for season 7, which is going to be the biggest yet as it’s the Revolutionary war, thankfully being Scottish I have no issue arming people against Redcoats 😂

Welcome, my wife loves the show and I like the accoutrements shown. I look forward to seeing some cool flintlocks on your production.

My YDNA indicates that my male ancestor from around Dumfries got free passage on a ship courtesy of Cromwell in 1650 to Virginia.

Welcome aboard from Iowa. When I was a kid there was a Scottish lady who lived on the next block from us. I
used to stop on my way home from school and talk I just loved to hear her talk.
gunnyr

Welcome, from the Forks of the Ohio (Pittsburgh, or "Pittsborough" as it was first pronounced) here in Southwestern Pennsylvania.

We have folks here on the Forum who will gladly keep you authentic and "Period Correct", sharing their most impressive stores of knowledge.
We even have a few folks here who were "There...back Then!"

I truly look forward to seeing the interaction.

Oh! My Wife has read ALL the books, and we watch the show unfailingly, though somewhat belatedly, on Netflix.

Richard/Grumpa

Another welcome from East Tennessee! Some of my ancestors came from your neck of the woods but I couldn’t tell you where exactly.

Back