Hello from Scotland...

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Icarus3815

32 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Gents, thanks for having me here!

Names Stu, after a 16 year career in the Army (Infantry) i now work as an Armourer/Propman for a well known time travelling tv show with a Scottish flavour...

Despite being a lifelong shooter and hunter this has been my introduction into the world of black powder and flintlocks and i am developing a not so mild obsession with this, and all things 1757-1773 which is the time period we are "working in" just now.

So what started as "just a job" has me making loading boards, making powder horns look "better" and have just ordered a load of leather and parts to start stitching up some sheaths and bags etc.

I will no doubt be picking peoples brains for relevant knowledge down the line,

Oh and already you guys have me fixing to import a Kibler kit once i work out the legal requirements!

Cheers guys.

Bnewberry

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing your work and hopefully hearing some details about working props for such a show.

zerosprk

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi and welcome from northern New Mexico! There is a wealth of information and really great folks on this forum. You will enjoy it immensely.

Treestalker

69 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome from Arkansas, the keystone state of the south, in the U.S. You'll find a randy, rollicking, cadre of black powder addicts here, ready to share experience and skill. Good on ye getting a Kibler. Geo.

Rudyard

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Scottish flavour. Interesting , Plenty here know the periods involved .and made guns of the period & use them even Scots arms .Good luck.
Rudyard

Britsmoothy

70 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi from England.
Where abouts in Scotland if you don't mind? We love Scotland.
Spent a lot of time in south west Scotland.