• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from Saratoga, NY

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgs886

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to muzzleloading and very excited about it. I am an avid recreational shooter and fly fisher. I have tied my own flies for years now and have built several custom fly rods, so I am very much looking forward to building my first muzzleloader, a St. Louis Hawken rifle. I look forward to learning as I go and sharing some of my experiences here. Be well!

Welcome to the forum my friend.

We’re glad to have you. Many members here with extensive knowledge and experience. They’d be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have?

Also looking forward to hearing more from you in the very near future. Please let us know how your St. Louis Hawken build turns out? Don’t be afraid to ask for advice or help along the way my friend.

Respectfully, Cowboy

Welcome to the forum from Penn's colony. In 1970 got a simple set of drawings of a Hawken rifle from the Dixie Gun Works catalog. Ordered a .58 cal. Numric Arms barrel , Dixie perc. lock , triggers and a piece of walnut. Built the rifle and shot it in matches at a local club. A young school teacher took this gun with him to a city at the most southern end of Hudson Bay to fill a job opening. Wonder where the rifle is now?......oldschool

Welcome from Ballston Spa, just down the street from you.
Definitely check out The Old Saratoga Muzzle Loading Club. I'm sighting in a 36 caliber Shenandoah I recently purchased so I won't embarrass myself at the Winter shoots 😬:).

Back