• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Pennsylvania!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Hota, I believe we will be staying in allentown or possible kempton during the fair, but we have scheduled an additional few days of the next week to see what we can see. Looking for those must see items, when in PA.
thanks alot
Jerry

If your staying in Kempton, than within 15 minutes you have

1. Dixon's (obviously)
2. Hawk Mountain Sanctuary - A Eagle/Osprey Sanctuary with observatory and lookout
3. Kempton railroad - Historic Stream Engin railroad
4. Crystal Cave - Very nice attraction for the cave enthusiast
5. Cabela's - An event itself if you've never been to one. Hundreds of animals including the top trophy kills in PA for dear and bear. African display, arctic display, PA mountain display, etc., etc. What a place. I enjoy Dixon's though because it is more specific to my activities. I can't go to one without the other though because my kids will kill me. They love Cabela's. There is alot more if you are willing to travel up to an hour.

You can go into Lancaster County which you can spend a week there alone. Allentown also has stuff to do. Dorney Park is there, the crayola factory is there. They give tours and samples. If you play guitar you are not far from the Martin factory which is cool. We can talk off post when the vacation gets nearer and I can get you setup better if you like.

If your staying in Kempton, than within 15 minutes you have

1. Dixon's (obviously)
2. Hawk Mountain Sanctuary - A Eagle/Osprey Sanctuary with observatory and lookout
3. Kempton railroad - Historic Stream Engin railroad
4. Crystal Cave - Very nice attraction for the cave enthusiast
5. Cabela's - An event itself if you've never been to one. Hundreds of animals including the top trophy kills in PA for dear and bear. African display, arctic display, PA mountain display, etc., etc. What a place. I enjoy Dixon's though because it is more specific to my activities. I can't go to one without the other though because my kids will kill me. They love Cabela's. There is alot more if you are willing to travel up to an hour.

You can go into Lancaster County which you can spend a week there alone. Allentown also has stuff to do. Dorney Park is there, the crayola factory is there. They give tours and samples. If you play guitar you are not far from the Martin factory which is cool. We can talk off post when the vacation gets nearer and I can get you setup better if you like.

Don't forget the Yuengling Brewery just down the road from Cabela's!!

Hey Hota,
thanks for the info, I will take you up on that a little closer to summer, I will keep the items u mentioned in mind,
thanks again
Jerry

Welcome Hota; And also take it easy on the shoefly pies.LOL Too much isnt good on the artiries eather. Your living in my old stomping ground area. Im orignialy from Holtwood,PA. I just started being able to get Turkey Hill tea here and the good Sweet balognia from the mennonties that have been moving out here.

You wouldn't believe how many Mennonite and Amish are leaving here. Just in the past two years 5500 new homes have been built. It is turning into delaware County. Be lucky you left. I am even considering a move myself to something more secluded. Only it is getting tougher. I commute an hour to my job to be where I am now. If I have to go farther west than it'll have to be. North central PA is the place to be for me but there seems so little work there.

Back