• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Paradise

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good evening. New as of yesterday, signing in from northwest Montana. I recently picked up a LEFTY Investarm 50 caliber flintlock. I stripped it down, cleaned it meticulously (I'm part raccoon--that's part of my "making it mine" ritual) and shot it for the first time this past Sunday. Despite warning about production grade smoke poles, the results were pretty satisfying. I'm looking forward to hunting with it next fall.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to learning from you. Thank you in advance for your advice and patience.

Best,

KP

Welcome from E. Washington....used to hunt Kalispell area. I was amazed when locals were waving till I drove by the camper factory and realized I was packing one of their 9 1/2's lol.

Good evening. New as of yesterday, signing in from northwest Montana. I recently picked up a LEFTY Investarm 50 caliber flintlock. I stripped it down, cleaned it meticulously (I'm part raccoon--that's part of my "making it mine" ritual) and shot it for the first time this past Sunday. Despite warning about production grade smoke poles, the results were pretty satisfying. I'm looking forward to hunting with it next fall.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to learning from you. Thank you in advance for your advice and patience.

Best,

KP
welcome KP. As a fellow Montanan, it's a good place to be. Don't have many muzzleloader shooters where I live, but it is not crowded. My next-door neighbor shoots, so I have company. If you ever get over towards Malta or Glasgow, send me an email, I've been wanting to shoot but cold weather and I are not good friends anymore. I'm waiting very impatiently for about 1 April.
Squint

welcome KP. As a fellow Montanan, it's a good place to be. Don't have many muzzleloader shooters where I live, but it is not crowded. My next-door neighbor shoots, so I have company. If you ever get over towards Malta or Glasgow, send me an email, I've been wanting to shoot but cold weather and I are not good friends anymore. I'm waiting very impatiently for about 1 April.
Squint

I used to travel your country a fair bit, back when I worked in Havre. Unlike many western Montanans, I love the prairie, and the Hi-Line in particular. I may just take you up on your offer some day.

Best,

KP

Latest posts

Back