• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from Ontario Canada

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishleclair

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Like is says. From Ontario up in the North part. Next to Minnesota boarder. Not to many BP shooters around here or groups for that matter. So it’s me gathering guns and gear and trying to organize a shoot with buds or whomever wants to join. Dabbled in BP when I was younger. My father and uncle got me interested in it. Uncle used to shoot in randavuses in BC.

My goal is to shoot and get some things figured out then start Deer and bear hunting with the percussion capped guns. If I’m lucky and draw a bull moose tag I’ll try for one as well.

Welcome to the addiction. What type of rifle do you have?
I own 7. One pedersoli. One CVA mountian rifle. Two Lymans. 1 I don’t know and two shotguns a 12 g and .410. One is not pictured as it’s not old school style.
I just started getting back into it. Gear is hard to find in my parts but slowly building up supplies.

Attachments

• 2730CF94-94F3-4F8D-AD75-B6026C062D60.jpeg
    2730CF94-94F3-4F8D-AD75-B6026C062D60.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 70
Welcome fishleclair. When I saw yer post I was hopin you would be closer to Southern Ontario. I am in the same boat with no one else around to shoot with and trade stories. Ya got a good start on yer inventory but ya gotta get yerself a flintlock or two to round it out...................Daniel

Always wonder why Canadians call the part of ON along the MN border Northern ON. If you look at a map it is still southern ON.

I go to Sioux Narrows a couple of time a year to go fishing.

Fleener

Always wonder why Canadians call the part of ON along the MN border Northern ON. If you look at a map it is still southern ON.

I go to Sioux Narrows a couple of time a year to go fishing.

Fleener
Yeah. There is allot of Ontario above use but for what ever reason we have taken the Northwestern Ontario ropes. Now the real question that everyone always has a different answer to is “ What city is the one where it starts”? Lots of answers to that one! Lol. One of the guys I work with Guides in Souix Narrows I believe. Lots of great stories from him.

I got a buddy that owns a 3 acre island with a couple of cabins on it. 10 miles by water or ice from Sioux Narrows to get to the island from the boat ramp. Heading up in a few weeks for some fishing.

Ice fishing is so much work chopping a hole in the ice to put the boat in.

FLeener

I got a buddy that owns a 3 acre island with a couple of cabins on it. 10 miles by water or ice from Sioux Narrows to get to the island from the boat ramp. Heading up in a few weeks for some fishing.

Ice fishing is so much work chopping a hole in the ice to put the boat in.

FLeener
Never mind the length of the chainsaw blade need to be able to troll with a snow machine. :ghostly:

Back