• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Oklahoma

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieDougie

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Howdy folks,
Been a long time fan of all things black powder. I have a T/C Renegade in .54, and an Uberti model of the Remington 1858.
My favorite modern guns are chambered in .45 colt and .45-70 shooting holy black cartridges.
Have decided to order and built a Kibler SMR. Main use will be squirrels and plinking. Either in .36 or .40 , have yet to decide.
Been looking for a small caliber flintlocks for a few weeks and nothing really catches my eye other than building a Kibler SMR. The production ones that come close are only a few Benjamins less that what appears to be a much finer rifle. Assuming I don't fudge the build up that is.
Looking forward to seeing what's up in here, and sharing the build progress. I will order it next week when the company bonus hits payroll.

Welcome from Maine
Some states allow deer hunting with a .40, I'm a fan.
Nit Wit

From Oklahoma hunting reg site: Looks like .40 caliber it shall be. Nice

Muzzleloader
This includes Deer Muzzleloader, Elk Muzzleloader & Bear Muzzleloader seasons.

Muzzleloading Rifles/Pistols: .40 caliber or larger, firing a single ball/bullet.

Howdy folks,
Been a long time fan of all things black powder. I have a T/C Renegade in .54, and an Uberti model of the Remington 1858.
My favorite modern guns are chambered in .45 colt and .45-70 shooting holy black cartridges.
Have decided to order and built a Kibler SMR. Main use will be squirrels and plinking. Either in .36 or .40 , have yet to decide.
Been looking for a small caliber flintlocks for a few weeks and nothing really catches my eye other than building a Kibler SMR. The production ones that come close are only a few Benjamins less that what appears to be a much finer rifle. Assuming I don't fudge the build up that is.
Looking forward to seeing what's up in here, and sharing the build progress. I will order it next week when the company bonus hits payroll.
welcome from oklahoma

Latest posts

Back