• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Ohio!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello! Glad to jump on here.
I got hooked in this hobby many years ago by a gentleman who taught me a bunch about BP firearms. He is no longer with us, but this hobby still is!
Recently took my 1851 Army replica out to a modern firearm class. Everyone there really liked it, lots of people wanted to shoot them. Made for some cool photos. (I did switch back to my G19 after a few cylinders)

And yes, I did put my 1851 on a QLS holster on my modern duty belt.
1851-a.jpg
1851-b.jpg
1851-c.jpg

Welcome, from North Carolina! You go boy! 😎 I have put one of my Kentucky pistols in a modern holster and carried it before, for a chuckle (and convenience). I have also found that, when shooting one of my smoke poles with a group of others who are shooting various high speed and high capacity modern unmentionables, everyone ALWAYS wants to shoot the muzzleloader. Hands down, every time…

Welcome, from North Carolina! You go boy! 😎 I have put one of my Kentucky pistols in a modern holster and carried it before, for a chuckle (and convenience). I have also found that, when shooting one of my smoke poles with a group of others who are shooting various high speed and high capacity modern unmentionables, everyone ALWAYS wants to shoot the muzzleloader. Hands down, every time…
Very nice! It’s quite true, the different sound makes everyone look, and then they want to try it. Even the guys who rolled their eyes initially wanted to play with it later.

I heard a story from an FFL friend of mine, who had a bunch of tourists from Japan at his range. He brought a bunch of ammo and a ton of machine guns. They did a few mags through the machine guns and then the stood around together and shot one muzzle loading rifle for the rest of the time. He was flabbergasted

Latest posts

Back