• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from NY

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

762subsonic

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I've been a avid muzzle loader hunter and shooter since 1979 when I assembled my first kit. Recently I became interested in smooth bores so I purchased a NSW officers musket Kit. I was doing a search for pictures of finished guns and stumbled onto this site. I must say I'm glad I did as this forum is packed with a wealth of information and experience.

Thanks,
Bob

Glad to meet ya!!
I'm from the south of Cooperstown. :grin:

TinStar
Soli Deo Gloria!

good choice on kit and Welcome aboard!
We need LOTS of Pics BTW! :thumbsup:

67firelock said:
I'm from Ronkonkoma. I do most of my hunting at my place in Binghamton.

What? Travel all the way to Binghampton? Why don't you just hunt right in Ronkonkoma? :idunno: ( :wink: Just kidding... I have family not far from you in Babylon.)

Here's a picture of my flint rifles.

Flintrifles002.jpg

Top to bottom:
Early Virgina 54cal 44"swamped barrel L&R classic lock.
Tennessee 40cal Getz 39"strait barrel Siler lock.
Early Virgina 54cal Colrain 38"swamped barrel L&R Queen Ann lock.

I wish hunting in Ronkonkoma was an option. I have Connetquot State park walking distance away. Chock full of deer and turkey. Too bad no hunting is aloud. There are plenty of places out east for shooting and bow hunting.

Back