• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Nottingham in the UK.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone had reported seeing you in your vehicle and spotted the gun you would have ended up faced with a heavily armed squad. Helicopter too no doubt, and you would end up with at least three months inside. You just broke every law in the book and a few more beside! ;)

I know, isn't it just glorious? :ThankYou:

Last edited:
My bit is in Top L/H corner of Leics so I suppose I'm EAST MIDLANDS officially. On the edge of Charnwood Forest, one of the bits of "Robin Hood country" and close to the range at SWAD.. I have only managed to trace My lot back to 1615 as Freemen of Leicestershire from the Register. Any further than that means Parish records and that gets difficult. Which Parish ?? OLD DOG..

I live within a mile of three borders Notts Derby and Leics My post code Is NG Notts but my rates are paid to Derbyshire. Sort that one out.

There are several B/P/friendly shoots within "good" spitting distance of us. Yeaveley Estate ,Nr.Ashbourn,.. Kibworth (I (belieive) run B/P shoots{ regards to Baz & Rosie ] and Garlands used to be tolerant. The Sheffield M/L's have their own ground behind THE PAYCOCK at Owler Bar above Bakewell -Check with RUDYARD...OLD DOG..

Dunks.......Is there still a Sheriff of Nottingham as in the days of fabled Robin Hood? My mentor , Kit Ravenshear has passed , so I have lost my "go to" guy for all things British. Kit probably could make a gun from iron ore dust and a tree. I truly miss him. The local brewery laid off the second shift. Oh well............oldwood

OLDWOOD. Yes there still is a sheriff of Nottingham. The position is held by a councillor. I think his duties are somewhat watered down now.
Sorry about your mate!

Dunks.......Is there still a Sheriff of Nottingham as in the days of fabled Robin Hood? My mentor , Kit Ravenshear has passed , so I have lost my "go to" guy for all things British. Kit probably could make a gun from iron ore dust and a tree. I truly miss him. The local brewery laid off the second shift. Oh well............oldwood
Yes I remember Kit Ravenshear when he worked for Normans , Framlington YK in the 1960s I purchased a lot of gun pieces some original but also some were castings Enclosed are images of his work shop
Feltwad
100_1042.JPG
100_2218.JPG
100_2211.JPG

Yes I remember Kit Ravenshear when he worked for Normans , Framlington YK in the 1960s I purchased a lot of gun pieces some original but also some were castings Enclosed are images of his work shop
Feltwad
View attachment 46803View attachment 46804View attachment 46805
Wow! That brings back memories, I only ever visited once when it had been taken over by Coach Harness. I have one of the 'original' Kit Ravenshear Brown Besses, It's supposed to be the closest copy you can get, not that I've ever compared it to an original!
I also have fond memories of visiting the Laxfield Armoury and the Corrie Collection of Antiquarian Weapons when I did the Framlingham trip.

Wow! That brings back memories, I only ever visited once when it had been taken over by Coach Harness. I have one of the 'original' Kit Ravenshear Brown Besses, It's supposed to be the closest copy you can get, not that I've ever compared it to an original!
I also have fond memories of visiting the Laxfield Armoury and the Corrie Collection of Antiquarian Weapons when I did the Framlingham trip.
If you mean Major Noel Corrie I bought a lot of guns and accessors from him he also sold repro guns mostly made by Mendi which included a half size field cannon have his catalogues some where
Feltwad

If you mean Major Noel Corrie I bought a lot of guns and accessors from him he also sold repro guns mostly made by Mendi which included a half size field cannon have his catalogues some where
Feltwad
Yes, that's him. I remember buying a couple of the Mendi 'Kentucky' pistol kits, one flint and one percussion only to have them confiscated by the Police as Part 1 firearms sold as non-firing replicas! Both of them were indeed active but no sign of proof-marks. I ended up with a caution and a slap on the wrist. Probably nowadays I would lose my FAC...

Somewhere I still have a few of the original barrels that he sold in various grades. They were nearly all from Indian matchlocks but could be 'doctored' with a bit of re-engineering and made into all sorts of things. I have a 2/3 complete Paget carbine made using one of those barrels. Inert of course...

Yes, that's him. I remember buying a couple of the Mendi 'Kentucky' pistol kits, one flint and one percussion only to have them confiscated by the Police as Part 1 firearms sold as non-firing replicas! Both of them were indeed active but no sign of proof-marks. I ended up with a caution and a slap on the wrist. Probably nowadays I would lose my FAC...
Yes I bought two pistol and a rifle from him I had them for a while but he later informed me to have them proofed and entered on my Fire arms certificate .
Feltwad

Back