• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from Norway.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relic shooter:Thats a nice Rifle ,the guy who runs Svartkrutt.net shoots at the same range as I. Øyvind Flatness is his name.

I have a few kammerlader, can I post pictures of them on this forum?

Hello

I live on Noway,'s West Coast near Bergen. I enjoy hunting and shooting as well as collecting antique weapons.

I hope to gain plenty of knowledge from the members here as well as sharing my pictures with you all.
Ahhhhh Norway! The land of my fore-fathers! Welcome from Maryland! Send pictures, we love pictures!
Neil

Hi Norsk I think Kammerlader means breach loader ?
Being this is a muzzle loading forum so to be inline with our forum's rules would be best to restrict your photos & comments to muzzle loading firearms.
What drew me to join the Svartkrutt.net forum 2-3 years ago was an excellent video & writeup on the 1858 New Army Remington by the moderator & I was also interested if someone on the forum had more information on my Danish percussion Jaeger built by I.C. Haugaard in Kiobenhaven.
I've enjoyed seeing photos of the rendezvous type black powder shoots & firearms posted on the Svartkrutt.net forum website & noticed what we call muzzleloaders are referred to as 'mouthloaders'.
Bottom line we all share some common historical interests as many of the firearms used in our American Revolution & Civil War came from several different European nations & continues to today.
Best regards,
Relic shooter

Yes you are right.

Kammerlader means breach loader. They are loaded with loose powder and shot which is rammed into the chamber before it is swiveled into position after a cap placed on the nipple.

Attachments

• 20210529_075346.jpg
    20210529_075346.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 20210529_080315.jpg
    20210529_080315.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 44
I'm somewhat familiar with the early pre-cartridge breech loading firearms your referring to. Their components loaded in a chamber similar to our civil war era cap & ball revolvers & have seen some even earlier U.S & European flintlock firearms that used similar methods to breech load... Once had a Browning family friend who showed me a percussion multi-shot rifle that Browning invented with a harmonica type magazine thats pictured below. A cam lever pushed & sealed the chamber into to a matching machined recess in the barrel.
Maybe our forum moderator will page in & comment if I've overstepped forum rules by showing the photo example of this rifle.
P.S.
The mountain & vegetation pictures you posted look very same as what we see in several of our Northwestern mountain States.

1623003880696.png

Latest posts

Back