• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Northern Illinois

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillowOak96

32 Cal
Reaction score
Excited to have discovered this forum. I'm used to rendezvous/muzzleloading stuff being pretty obscure, always having to dig for information and go to events to connect with other reenactors. Been reenacting 2 years and am already camping on my own now. Actually, I just upgraded to my 2nd tent, from my old Spring Valley Lodges 6x6' Wall tent to a SVL 9x10' w/ 3 1/2' bell Horseman's tent I'm very pleased with 😁. I knew immediately this hobby would be a life long love for me. Didn't even know reenacting existed before my first camp, but I'm oh so glad to have stumbled into this new world. Don't know much about Muzzleloading yet, but I'm sure interested.

so I was wondering that when some of you talk about shooting groups what distance is your target at. the range i goto in Colorado has the target backstops at 25yds 100yds and 300yds . nothing at 50yds. I recall when my brother in law introduced me to target shooting the range we went to in Illinois we shot at 50yds as I recall from 40 yrs ago. Presently I am using a 54cal TC with a ? green mountain 32 inch barrel 1 in 60 twist for roud balls only. I am working at bringing the sights in but I get 6 out of 10 in about a 5inch area at about 10 o clock on a 3inch bullseye on the 100yd range. I just shoot for enjoyment I'm not a hunter - when I get hungry I go to the grocery store. So what is the typical range distance that most BP shooters are talking about ?

Latest posts

Back