• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from NH

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benny8

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hey everyone, Aaron from the Connecticut River Valley, NH. Long time muzzleloader hunter. Just purchased a Traditions Deer Hunter Flintlock for a hunting trip the wife and I will be taking next year. I've worked at Ruger Firearms for 28 years where I am a Toolmaker of 7 years. I enjoy all kinds of hands on projects. I build cabinets, make knives, built our deer camp, built an outdoor wood fired pizza oven, currently building another pizza oven on a trailer to do back yard events, and just love to do hands on projects. My true love next to my family and God, is deer hunting and shooting. I will be looking for all kinds of help with the flintlock as I know next to nothing about them. Guess my first question would be: It didn't come with a flint, so where can I find some? Thanks everyone.

Thanks everyone! I did find flints from TOW. Can't wait to give this a go!

Welcome aboard from Vermont. I lived in Grantham a few years ago, and loved the area around Sunapee.
If you are just getting into flinch locks you might want to pick up a copy of Eric Bye’s new book ,“Flintlocks, a practical guide for there use and appreciation.” Eric lives right over the State line from you in Springfield, VT. I am on my second flintlock, and have learned bunches from his book.
keep your powder dry!

Back