• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Muscle Shoals, AL

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eodcoduto

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm a retired EOD Marine that runs a small farm and builds missiles for a living. I came across a Hawken? kit at an antique store for $50 and this has got me back into the blackpowder shooting past time, my other experience is a Cabelas 1858 Navy revolver and a 3" Parrot Cannon. This rifle has the stock, lock, and barrel and that's about it! I will need help ID'ing this rifle and finding the rest of the parts in time for deer season.

Attachments

• IMG-7816.jpg
    IMG-7816.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Welcome from Maine. You have what looks to be a CVA Mt Rifle. Post the photo in percussion rifles. Check with deer creek products.
Nit Wit

I’m just east of you in Huntsville. Ive been shooting black powder for 50 years. Im an old ARMY Infantry and retired Army civilian archaeologist. Welcome!

Hello all, I'm a retired EOD Marine that runs a small farm and builds missiles for a living. I came across a Hawken? kit at an antique store for $50 and this has got me back into the blackpowder shooting past time, my other experience is a Cabelas 1858 Navy revolver and a 3" Parrot Cannon. This rifle has the stock, lock, and barrel and that's about it! I will need help ID'ing this rifle and finding the rest of the parts in time for deer season.
You will need the double "set" trigger assembly. The butt plate and trigger guard may be found too, but others may also be substituted.
You can find most of the parts to put together such an assembly here Numerich Arms Gun Parts Corp : CVA parts

Deer Creek Muzzleloading also may have some of the parts.

I'm pretty sure since the parts for the trigger assembly are listed as the same for the Mountain Rifle and the CVA Hawken, that the full trigger assembly for the Hawken will work in the Mountain Rifle, but I'm not certain. Deer Creek has complete trigger assemblies.

LD

Last edited:
Back