• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from Missouri

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I notice that the ramrod protrudes past the muzzle. If it does not sit flush with the muzzle, try turning it around to see if it seats fully in place. Nice photos of a very beautiful rifle!

The ramrod is not the correct one for this rifle. I'm not too worried about it right now, but I will change it out to the right length before I take it out and hunt with it. For the price I got it for, I wasn't really worried about it. I couldn't pass it up for $143 OTD. I bought a CVA Mountain Rifle 50cal last year and paid a little more for it and it is not in as good as shape as this one.

I just wanted to introduce myself. I am an avid lever action fanatic and have recently turned my sights towards muzzleloaders. I am hoping to learn more. I started with an inline and have recently purchased several percussion muzzleloaders and thinking about purchasing a flintlock eventually. I'll leave a pic of my latest purchase which is a CVA Hawken 50cal when I can figure out how.
Are you sure you are from Missouri? Show me!!!!
LOL, Welcome aboard!

I just wanted to introduce myself. I am an avid lever action fanatic and have recently turned my sights towards muzzleloaders. I am hoping to learn more. I started with an inline and have recently purchased several percussion muzzleloaders and thinking about purchasing a flintlock eventually. I'll leave a pic of my latest purchase which is a CVA Hawken 50cal when I can figure out how.
From where in MO?

Another welcome, @10acres, from the St. Louis Greater Metropolitan Area and the Gemmer Muzzle Loading Gun Club. Just to let you know that there are many people near you to answer your questions in person. Start a conversation if you want to know about the traditional muzzle loading rifle shooting available from the Gemmer Muzzle Loading Gun Club.

Back