• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello, from Mississippi

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 54822

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello, Folks. Will start by confessing I seldom hunt any longer but have fond memories of muzzleloading back in late '70s and early '80s. The most fun may have been coming back to camp and listening to stories of the morning hunt. You know, stories like pulling the trigger, waiting for the smoke to clear, and realizing the deer was still standing there looking at you....with what seemed like a confused look wondering what all that was about! Anyway, a lot of great memories. So, have my Thompson/Center .50 Cal Hawkens that is in excellent condition I need put up for sale. I think the rules require being on the forum some time before selling but going ahead and mentioning it if there is any interest. By the way, the deer was always on the ground after I pulled the trigger!!! :)

Welcome friend. Spent a day in Laurel a few months ago. The wife had to see as much of the TV related stuff as possible in one day. I really enjoyed the guitar exhibit at the museum.

Welcome friend. Spent a day in Laurel a few months ago. The wife had to see as much of the TV related stuff as possible in one day. I really enjoyed the guitar exhibit at the museum.
Yeah, it has been interesting seeing the tourism due to Hometown! Glad you enjoyed your visit. My daughter and I did the guitar exhibit as well. Thanks for the response.

Welcome from Maine, Spent some time in Sarah Miss.

Nit Wit
Thank you for the response. I had to look up Sarah...did not feel so bad not knowing where it was after finding on map! LOL More familiar with area couple hours south of there along the MS River. The MS River Delta is pretty special place for us hunting boys.

Not impressed with Pearl's, probably the most I will ever pay for a piece of fried chicken along with turnip greens and white beans. My wife had to eat there so I bit the bullet. She does a far better job of cooking the said items than Pearl.

Not impressed with Pearl's, probably the most I will ever pay for a piece of fried chicken along with turnip greens and white beans. My wife had to eat there so I bit the bullet. She does a far better job of cooking the said items than Pearl.
I have never eaten there, sounds for good reason!

Back