• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from MB

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stovepipe699

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m from Manitoba Canada. I’m new to traditional muzzle loaders, after having used inlines for over 20 years. I owned an Italian made Hawken in the past and sold it without using it, wish I kept it. My Lyman Deerstalker is at the post office, I’ll be picking it up tomorrow, and I have a Lyman maxi ball mould on the way. Looking forward to doing things the traditional way, making bullets, patches, lube, powder measures....

Attachments

• 5684A019-77B8-4712-800B-18E634F86DB4.jpeg
    5684A019-77B8-4712-800B-18E634F86DB4.jpeg
    247.4 KB · Views: 94
Picked it up today, got a bit of a surprise. Looked back at messages and sure enough, the guy said it was a traditions deerslayer(I think it’s actually a Deerhunter). Thought I got a bargain on a Lyman lol! Shot a few milk jugs filled with water, putting it on paper wasn’t happening in this wind.

Hello everyone, I’m from Manitoba Canada. I’m new to traditional muzzle loaders, after having used inlines for over 20 years. I owned an Italian made Hawken in the past and sold it without using it, wish I kept it. My Lyman Deerstalker is at the post office, I’ll be picking it up tomorrow, and I have a Lyman maxi ball mould on the way. Looking forward to doing things the traditional way, making bullets, patches, lube, powder measures....
Hello / Bonjour from south eastern Quebec.
You’ll find a lot of wisdom in this forum and save yourself a lot of time if you study the topics posted by other members.
Enjoy the learning curve and bask in the awe from CF and inline shooters as they see you pile them in there with your ML.

Back