Hello From Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Welcome to the Camp' started by FPrice, Nov 18, 2019.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Nov 18, 2019 #1

FPrice

FPrice

FPrice

32 Cal MLF Supporter

Howdy y'all.

My son and I just took the plunge into muzzle-loading, something we've wanted to do for a while. We found a good (I hope) deal on a TC Hawken 50 caliber rifle. Bought it and most of the supplies we will need to shoot. Took it apart to clean and become familiar with how it operates. Just looking for someone close by who can give us some hands-on training to insure that our first, and subsequent, range trips are safe and fun. I also hope to get some education and guidance from the more experienced muzzle loaders here.

I am retired AF, still making a living doing emergency planning for local boards of health in Worcester County.

Hope to move out west in a year or two, looking closely at Wyoming.

2. Nov 18, 2019 #2

Old Timer 48

Old Timer 48

Old Timer 48

36 Cal.

Welcome!

3. Nov 18, 2019 #3

CTShooter

CTShooter

CTShooter

40 Cal.

I'm in NW CT, your welcome to head on down, I have patch, ball and powder, shoot a TC .50 among others.

I'm also a NRA instructor and RSO and would be thrilled to help get more people in to muzzleloaders

4. Nov 18, 2019 #4

nhmoose

nhmoose

nhmoose

58 Cal. MLF Supporter

Welcome aboard. The Barre gun club was full of ML's in the 90's they held the NMLRA Territorial shoot for MA there I'd give them a call someone may be able to help you out

5. Nov 18, 2019 #5

ny griz

ny griz

ny griz

58 Cal.

Howdy and welcome.Good luck into the world of BP.You'll get hooked.NY GRIZ

6. Nov 18, 2019 #6

FPrice

FPrice

FPrice

32 Cal MLF Supporter

Thank you for the offer. Do you know if it is legal for me to bring a muzzle loading rifle into CT from MA. I do have my MA LTC, have been planning to get my CT Non-Resident license, just haven't followed through yet. Would not bring any modern arms, just the T/C Hawken.

7. Nov 18, 2019 #7

CTShooter

CTShooter

CTShooter

40 Cal.

You can bring anything you want actually because we are going to a private range. Muzzleloaders are not subject to the same laws as center-fire or modern breach loading rifles. I would recommend storing powder in a reasonably safe container for transportation. Stick it in a case in the trunk and your good to go.