• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello From Massachusetts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy y'all.

My son and I just took the plunge into muzzle-loading, something we've wanted to do for a while. We found a good (I hope) deal on a TC Hawken 50 caliber rifle. Bought it and most of the supplies we will need to shoot. Took it apart to clean and become familiar with how it operates. Just looking for someone close by who can give us some hands-on training to insure that our first, and subsequent, range trips are safe and fun. I also hope to get some education and guidance from the more experienced muzzle loaders here.

I am retired AF, still making a living doing emergency planning for local boards of health in Worcester County.

Hope to move out west in a year or two, looking closely at Wyoming.

I'm in NW CT, your welcome to head on down, I have patch, ball and powder, shoot a TC .50 among others.

I'm also a NRA instructor and RSO and would be thrilled to help get more people in to muzzleloaders

Howdy and welcome.Good luck into the world of BP.You'll get hooked.NY GRIZ

I'm in NW CT, your welcome to head on down, I have patch, ball and powder, shoot a TC .50 among others.

I'm also a NRA instructor and RSO and would be thrilled to help get more people in to muzzleloaders

Thank you for the offer. Do you know if it is legal for me to bring a muzzle loading rifle into CT from MA. I do have my MA LTC, have been planning to get my CT Non-Resident license, just haven't followed through yet. Would not bring any modern arms, just the T/C Hawken.

You can bring anything you want actually because we are going to a private range. Muzzleloaders are not subject to the same laws as center-fire or modern breach loading rifles. I would recommend storing powder in a reasonably safe container for transportation. Stick it in a case in the trunk and your good to go.

Back