• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello From Maine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaineMuzzle

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just moved to Maine and am sinking into the outdoor culture nicely. I grew up shooting WWII and Vietnam era military weapons, but have recently wanted to take a plunge into hunting, and more specifically flintlock hunting.

The whole endeavor of building a muzzleloader, figuring out desired loads, becoming proficient with the weapon, and cleaning the weapon, has all really grabbed me. I’m also really looking forward to the type of hunting it forces you to enter into. Not to mention the amiable community it seems to attract!

I’m excited to be here and be a part of the community!

Welcome from not in Maine. Quite outside of the Maine, Mainely quite a distance from Maine. Not even Maine stream. Matter of fact all of our Maine streams are arroyos........ :)
Sounds like you gotta get out of the desert, my friend!

No. He's still in New Hampshire if below Portland. Down East is east of Acadia and beyond and beyond.....
Buy the property up north! I can see Baxter state park from my neighborhood. Walked up to 10 yards from a young bull moose up here just for fun! Dont know why I'm still alive doing stupid stuff like that. The wife retreated to the truck at that point. Smart. 🤪

No. He's still in New Hampshire if below Portland. Down East is east of Acadia and beyond and beyond.....
Buy the property up north! I can see Baxter state park from my neighborhood. Walked up to 10 yards from a young bull moose up here just for fun! Dont know why I'm still alive doing stupid stuff like that. The wife retreated to the truck at that point. Smart. 🤪
I’m so jealous! I’d love to move up in that area but I’m pretty sure the wife would use the flintlock on me if I subject her to being that far away from the nearest mall ;)

Welcome from Maine. Google the ancient ones of Maine, we hunt and we shoot a lot!
I'm in Livermore, great area!
Nit Wit
I just checked you guys out, what a great looking community. How would I go about getting more involved? Looking for some good communities to be a part of.

Back