• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from Lolo, Montana!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to have you on board, I'm up Glasgow way, There's a good shooting group at Glasgow called Valley County rifle and pistol club, with a nice range. They have a few muzzleloader shoots every summer, and you don't have to be a member to come. If you're interested, when I get the schedule will send it on.
Squint
Good Morning. It would be great if you could post the schedule.

Thank you,

Frosty

Good to have you on board, I'm up Glasgow way, There's a good shooting group at Glasgow called Valley County rifle and pistol club, with a nice range. They have a few muzzleloader shoots every summer, and you don't have to be a member to come. If you're interested, when I get the schedule will send it on.
Squint
I'm interested. Not that I have a lot of free time, but I do get up that way for work somewhat regular. I have friends there and used to have an office right on Highway 2 in town that I spent a week a month working on projects in the area out of.

Welcome from Portland OR. Been several years since I've been out your way, and I'll second that thought about Lolo pass and motorcycles!

Hi, Matt; I've got a lot of family history up your way; a great-uncle trapped the pass area late-19th early-20th centuries for the bounties on cats and grizzlies, and lived year-around just the other side of the divide in a cabin that was called "the coldest year-around domicile in Idaho". My dad built roads and fought fires for the CCC's and the USFS there in the '30's, too. I love your part of the world and the Nimipu country on the Idaho side, which is where I was born. Let me know if you ever have a muzzleloader rendezvous up in the pass country, will you?
windy

New member. Montana Native with 3 nearly grown kids, and a great wife of 26+ years. Currently working on my first build; a half-stock 45 cal percussion build patterned on an old original that I documented and traced 15 plus years ago deep in the backwoods of Idaho. The stock, triggers and furniture have been with me since I won them in 1985 at the Montana State Muzzleloading championship on Rogers Pass outside of Lincoln, MT. (Junior shooter, 50 cal, scored 47 3x at 100, and 48 3x at 200 IIRC.) Stock blank was supposed to be P+ curly maple, but is looking a bit plain.
Hello and welcome. I'm from Ohio but often drive through the Lolo Pass on the way to my Idaho cabin.

Back