Hello from Ireland

Discussion in 'Welcome to the Camp' started by rmn82, Mar 24, 2019.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Mar 30, 2019 #41

Patrick Thomas

Patrick Thomas

Patrick Thomas

32 Cal. MLF Supporter

Welo

2. Mar 30, 2019 #42

Patrick Thomas

Patrick Thomas

Patrick Thomas

32 Cal. MLF Supporter

Welcome sir, when you plan your next trip to Texas, give us a shout. We will show you around the hill country.

rmn82 likes this.
  3. Mar 30, 2019 #43

BlackHillsBob

BlackHillsBob

BlackHillsBob

40 cal - b MLF Supporter

my nephew and niece just moved to texas and LOVE IT.

rmn82 likes this.
  4. Apr 1, 2019 #44

rmn82

rmn82

rmn82

32 Cal

@Patrick Thomas thanks for the kind offer sir... and one which I look forward to taking you up on. If you are a whiskey drinker I will bring some of our Bushmills Whiskey which is produced locally.

@BlackHillsBob what part did they move to. I am in no doubt whatsoever that they love it. Honestly everyone I encountered was just so friendly! When I was in Fort Worth I was in Billy Bobs for 2 nights in a row... everyone was so chatty!

5. Apr 2, 2019 #45

BlackHillsBob

BlackHillsBob

BlackHillsBob

40 cal - b MLF Supporter

i met a lot of irish in seattle. they worked hard, laughed hard and fought hard. the only fight i ever saw that a irishman lost and it was a good one was a irishman tried to beat up a finlander. the fin did a work on that drunken irishman like i have never seen before or since. i learned then never ever mess with a finlander. we had to pull the finn of of the irishman so he wouldnt go to the big house for killing him. the story is, never ever fight a man with no neck. the finn had no neck and about a 50 inch chest and stood only 5 ft. 6 inches tall. he was a living bull. it was fun while it lasted.

rmn82 and Pukka Bundook like this.
  6. Apr 3, 2019 #46

Renegade Dan

Renegade Dan

Renegade Dan

50 Cal.

Welcome to the Site! :thumb:

rmn82 likes this.
  7. Apr 3, 2019 #47

TFoley

TFoley

TFoley

62 Cal.

Welcome indeed! tac foley here, living in East Anglia, but long-distance president of the Vintage Classic Rifle Association of Ireland (www.vcrai.com) and writer on boards.ie.

We had another shooter from Norn Iron pop up last week with questions about a Parker-Hale three-band Volunteer match rifle in .451 - which leads my nicely to our pal Fleener here on the forum. He is a great mover and shaker in long-range BP shooting, and along with one Mr Weber, is organising a 150th anniversary re-enactment of the Creedmoor shoot on Long Island. He'll be along shortly to talk to you about it, I have no doubt.

rmn82 likes this.
  8. Apr 3, 2019 #48

TFoley

TFoley

TFoley

62 Cal.

The rest of the UK has NOT been disarmed. You have obviously not been reading at least half of my posts over the previous fourteen years. I live in UK and I have nineteen guns, although only four are BP. A firearms certificate is a document issued by the county police force that allows us to acquire and possess certain firearms and ammunition. It's complicated to explain, but easier to look it up, TBH. That way the inevitable flaming will be directed at the authorities and not me! All I'll say is to remind you that of all civilised nations on earth, only the USA has the RKBA. Elsewhere it is not deemed to be a right, but a privilege.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    rmn82 likes this.
  9. Apr 5, 2019 #49

rmn82

rmn82

rmn82

32 Cal

Hi TFoley... thanks for the link will check that out! Have you ever shot in Wicklow in Derrybawn Gun club? I’ve used their 100m range to zero. It’s owned by a friend and has had a nice upgrade recently.

10. Apr 5, 2019 #50

TFoley

TFoley

TFoley

62 Cal.

The only time I've ever shot in Ireland, apart from back when I was six, and sat on the beach at Kilcoole with my dad, was in Northern Ireland. I did a lot of shooting there between late '69 and '95.

Can I point you at another guy from Norn Iron? He might be looking for you on the site!

Patrick Thomas and rmn82 like this.
  11. Apr 5, 2019 #51

nagantino

nagantino

nagantino

32 Cal

In Northern Ireland we have a system for applying for revolver and Pistol. You must join a club. The joining fee can be steep, £300 to £400 to join then £100 yearly. This dissuades the casual guy. You must attend the club before applying for a Pistol or revolver. This lets the club members see are you safe and can be trusted. It's not uncommon for a secretary to turn a guy down for unsafe gun handling. By this means strange and unstable people are highlited by other members. If you are acceptable the secretary will back your application. There's more but that might shed some light on how we work.

rmn82 likes this.
  12. Apr 8, 2019 #52

Artie Peltier

Artie Peltier

Artie Peltier

40 Cal.

Welcome to the forum! Love it when new members are from another country! I’m sure that you have information that we can learn from. Enjoy, read and ask questions. Most of all enjoy.

13. Apr 11, 2019 #53

ozarkfenianforge

ozarkfenianforge

ozarkfenianforge

32 Cal

failte cheers m8. im new to the site as well. one mine directed me here, to get a really old barrel researched, lucky top have name engraved, and what looks like new rifling inside, but gud 120 -160 yrs looking on the outside, born in tynan, think border depends on what time of day there in s, armagh :) but i did a gig and earned my papers here, and fell in love with common folk about the ozark region. get oer this way, have have some tea and some grub, rashers and bangers are crap here, but can still make colcannon and soda bread that tastes of home :p

14. Apr 17, 2019 #54

Artie Peltier

Artie Peltier

Artie Peltier

40 Cal.

Hello from Rhode Island, east coast of the USA. Looking forward to hearing from muzzle loading members from other countries and how and what you shoot.

15. Apr 28, 2019 #55

SgtMaj65

SgtMaj65

SgtMaj65

40 Cal.

Welcome. My Christy family came to these shores from Northern Ireland in the 1790s. Nice to see a fellow Irishman on this site.