• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from Iowa

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cd24

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello Friends I am still new to muzzleloading growing up in Alabama no one I knew used them. When I moved to Iowa with the hunting regulations I wanted to give it a try and have fell straight down the BP rabbit hole and am having a blast. I have an Traditions in-line Buckstalker that I took my first deer with in December but I also have a CVA .50 carbine percussion that my dad put together as a kit when I was young. That gun is extremely special to me as my dad left it to me before he died of cancer 3 years ago. I want to continue to learn and treat that gun the right way so I can use it and maybe pass it on down to keep it in the family in the future.

Welcome to the forum we don't discuss inlines on this site, you can go to our sister site modern muzzleloaders.com. We would love to talk about your CVA. Do you know what model it is? You will get a better response if you start a new post in the percussion subforum in the firearms section.

South English, you say? Not far from Brownell's in Montezuma!
Is your CVA one of the Spanish models made by JUKAR? These aren't fancy, but they can usually be made to shoot very well

South English, you say? Not far from Brownell's in Montezuma!
Is your CVA one of the Spanish models made by JUKAR? These aren't fancy, but they can usually be made to shoot very well.
Ya just over about half an hour! Yes made in Spain. I was able to shoot it for the first last week and at 30 yards all 5 holes were touching each other with patched round balls.

Attachments

• 20230218_112638.jpg
    20230218_112638.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Hello Friends I am still new to muzzleloading growing up in Alabama no one I knew used them. When I moved to Iowa with the hunting regulations I wanted to give it a try and have fell straight down the BP rabbit hole and am having a blast. I have an Traditions in-line Buckstalker that I took my first deer with in December but I also have a CVA .50 carbine percussion that my dad put together as a kit when I was young. That gun is extremely special to me as my dad left it to me before he died of cancer 3 years ago. I want to continue to learn and treat that gun the right way so I can use it and maybe pass it on down to keep it in the family in the future.
Welcome, lots of valuable info here, thousands of collective years of experience.

Welcome. I'm in Centerville Iowa

Back