• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello From Iowa

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from the Piedmont of NC...I spent some good times in Iowa back in the 70s and 80s when I worked with Deere...

Interesting - i’m in Council Bluffs and have family around Slater and State Center which takes us to that area often. And i have a muzzleloader. And my wife has, um, a few more. I think we oughta’ make some smoke!

don

Welcome from the Piedmont of NC...I spent some good times in Iowa back in the 70s and 80s when I worked with Deere...
What part of Iowa did you live and did you shoot at the Covered Bridge Days in Winterset?
I lived in Iowa 70s and 80s but moved to Wisc in late 80s. Still have family there near Adel. Miss it.
Dan

Central IA around the Boone/Ames area.
I have a good friend in Boone, his dad worked in the court house in Boone and built rifles. Attended many shoots.
He and I are the only 2 left of the old timers. The rest of them have gone under, just buried one last spring. I hope that's all for awhile LOL. We did it the old fashion way, hard work and play hard.

Central IA around the Boone/Ames area.
You might want to check out the Raccoon Valley Muzzleloaders - they have some low-key matches that are lot of fun in the summer.

I'm in Story County.

Welcome!

What part of Iowa did you live and did you shoot at the Covered Bridge Days in Winterset?
I lived in Iowa 70s and 80s but moved to Wisc in late 80s. Still have family there near Adel. Miss it.
Dan

I didn't live there, was based out of Atlanta and flew into to Waterloo, Des Moines, Dubuque, Ottumwa, etc for meetings...Those mid western women sure loved a southern drawl... :)

Back