• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from Hangtown

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All from Placerville, CA. First post on MLF, been reading for about 6 months as I picked up a .50 TC hawken flintlock last summer. I've been shooting an 1858 Rem .44 off and on for about 25 years. I prefer the woods to the range while things are green, might head over to try out Sac Valley Shooting Center for the first time this summer. I have several other hobbies that compete for spare summer hours though.

Thanks everyone for all the tips & tricks, I learn something new every time...

Rukus

Hi All from Placerville, CA. First post on MLF, been reading for about 6 months as I picked up a .50 TC hawken flintlock last summer. I've been shooting an 1858 Rem .44 off and on for about 25 years. I prefer the woods to the range while things are green, might head over to try out Sac Valley Shooting Center for the first time this summer. I have several other hobbies that compete for spare summer hours though.

Thanks everyone for all the tips & tricks, I learn something new every time...

Rukus
Welcome from the state of Nebraska!

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

Doubledeuce - I'll have to try Sweetie Pie's, I've had a few good lunches next door at Main St Melters...

Acorn - yep, that old hardware store is great. Plank flooring and all. The history of this area is fascinating.

Hi Eterry - any chance you remember the title or a character from that Louis Lamour book? That brought back memories and a smile, last time I read one of his books was decades ago, borrowed from my Gramp's bookshelf. Searched online a bit but no luck.

Back