• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Germany

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erzengel

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I am Michael from Germany.

Finally found the way to you, but it took some 25 years of competiton shootimg with muzzleoaders.

I started with a percussion pistol in caliber .31, Le Page and she ist still with me.
Same with the Rifle, a Tryon in .45 but the rifle is now troubling me.

By chance I saw a hint about building a rifle from scratch which led me to you. May be some day in the future, I will be able to realise a project about a flintlock pistol. Flintlock is me fascinating more and more.

Welcome to the forum, Michael. I agree, flintlocks are more interesting. Maybee it's because there is more of a time frame in history than any other type of firearm. Then again, maybee it's the workings of one, kinda primitive with a stone scraping against steel to produce a spark to ignite the blackpowder. Anyway, like to here more from you about your shooting and hunting on the other side of the big waters. Rob

Michael,
Welcome to the MLF.From your bio I would
guess you have a lot to contribute.Hope you will
do so.More then a few of your countrymen have
signed on here.Hope you visit and contribute
often.
I am snake-eyes:hatsoff:

Hello Rob,

I am not quite sure why, may be because it is the older system, requires more care to shoot, because it serves more to calm down. There is more around shooting flintlock, even more than with percussion than just shooting. I think the whole flair around bp that is it.

No hunting for a couple of reasons. Just shooting to relax, having fun with friends and a little bit competiton. I still hope to qualify one day in flintlock pistol for the national competiton.

Michael

Thank you Klaus,

indeed, far away from home.

Cologne isn't so far away.

Michael

Welcome! :hatsoff:
You´ll see this is one of the best places to be. :thumbsup:
Very friendly people and a lot of knowledge about MLs and History here. :thumbsup:
Manchmal kann man da nur noch Bauklötze staunen was man hier so alles noch dazulernen kann. :shocked2:

Hello Michael, welcome! You certainly have an interesting and varied background; I would love to see pictures of shooting and guns from Germany.

Hello romeoh and to all of you,

thank you very much for your nice welcome. :)

You never stop learning and that is another reason to be here.

Michael

Welcome Michael :hatsoff: You are going to love this place. I worked out of Emmerich for a couple of years with the BGS.

Hello mazo kid,

might take some time to get used to post pictures and some other technical stuff.

I'll take some photos form my muzzle loaders and hope I get them posted within 7 day, but this not for sure.

So far no pictures from shooting muzzle loaders, there are only some photos of shooting Remington 700 and Mosin-Nagant 91/30 PU like enemy at the gates and those do not belong here.

We have a traditon in my club shooting on a woooden target once a year. The winner of the prvious year has to do th epaintwork for the new target. You have to hit the wood once. Bulls Eye might be anywhere on the wood and the shooter does not see it. We did in order to give the less competitive shooters a chance to win.

It is called "Ehrenscheibe" schießen. May be something like Honour target.

We take my .31 pistol and those you know muzzle loader only from a Western are astonished to see, that the .31 caliber bullet goes strait through the wood at 25 meters.

I have the photos of some of them and i'll try to post them.

Hello Michael,

welcome to the forum! Nice to see that other guys from Germany find the way to this forum.
we are trying to put the german members togehter. If you are interested send me a PT.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Hello cowpoke1955

this becomes more and more obvious and I wish, we would have your 2nd amandment.

Hello DoubleDeuce

many thanks to you.

Some difficulties to explain what I think. Always wrong to think in German and write in English. That is only good for awful grammer.

Yes you find Michael in the holy bibel and the name is a question "Quis ut Deus" or "Wer ist wie Gott?" litarel "Who is like god?". And you know, Michael fought Lucifer and he weights for god the souls on judgement day. He is the archangel, commander of Gods army.

I have been for six years with the army signal corps nearly 25 years ago now.

Back