• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from Germany

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
range of CVJS Dueren, there would have been "Landesmeisterschaft" Pistol, Revolver and Flint lokc Pistol without Corona. Very bad.

I had hoped to qualify for German Championship at Pforzheim with the Flint lokc Rifle and the Musket. Competiton at Mayen-Hausen is cancelled too.

England, I remember an Army range in the area of Salisburry Hill shooting the Sten submachinegun and a march through Dartmoor.
"Sten Machinegun"? How old are you guys? Lol

Hello Capnball--With Sten guns we often felt Very Very old.. We shot Bren guns and Enfield No. 4s in 303 English. My Favourites tho'were 40mm Bofors L70 and 5.5" Guns. I then ran the family business that was founded in 1756.. OLD DOG..

Last edited:
To all:

I really don't think talking about machine guns is appropriate on the forum. Let's keep the conversations to muzzleloaders please.

Hallo und Greetings Weidnannsheil!

I partly grew up in what was West Germany Hamburg and later in the years1988 through 1992 served as a US Army Military Police Officer in Heidelberg and Stuttgart.

During my service time in Germany I successfully undertook and Graduated from the Jager Brief course at the US Army's Heidelberg Rod& Gun Club.
Had lots of fun shooting my Flli Pietta Remington NMA at the clubs range which I purchased at Eduard Kettner store in Mannheim.

Germany is a Beautiful but over controlled country.

Too bad the current German Firearms ownership access gun laws are way more restrictive stringent then under the old 1938 Weapons law.

This is a good form for the exchange of knowledge know how and experience.
Herzlich Willkommen!

Germany is a Beautiful but over controlled country.

Too bad the current German Firearms ownership access gun laws are way more restrictive stringent then under the old 1938 Weapons law.

This is a good form for the exchange of knowledge know how and experience.
Herzlich Willkommen!
Hello,

Hamburg I have been there in 1981 to 1983 at Wandsbeck with the Army.

Gun laws, LOL, 3d law to change the´gun laws will not effect any illegal gun or gun owner. It is complicted in a manner that you simply make a mistake and have committed an offence.

May be I can find some threads about buckskin shirts, leggings, bags and other usefull items made of bucksin and how to make them.
If the covidious coronious thing would leave the states, we could have some rendezvous and you could find most anything, including great people. There are some tanning videos on U tube. And of course, the internet will do you well. Lastly, there are more experts on this site than you can shake a range rod at. Got a question/problem, check prior posts, then write a post.

If the covidious coronious thing would leave the states, we could have some rendezvous and you could find most anything, including great people. There are some tanning videos on U tube. And of course, the internet will do you well. Lastly, there are more experts on this site than you can shake a range rod at. Got a question/problem, check prior posts, then write a post.

This corona thing is a pain in the ass.

Al ranges closed, no chance to qualify for national championship I hoped so much for; flint rifle and smooth bore musket. No long bow or flat bow to be exact shooting. Field bow and 3D events cancelled on state and federal level this year.

I'd better do no tanning at home. I am living in a town of about 250.000 inhabitants and wilderness you do not find.

I will ask when ready. Beedwork on those items and getting good designs of own inspiration is the difficulty.

Welcome to the camp from the State of RI, east coast of the US. I’m sure you have a lot of information to share with with us, about the differences in our sport From your country to ours. Hope you enjoy and once again welcome.

Thank you for the welcome.

As to differences, we differ in nomination of competitons to MLAIC and we have a 15 shot programm where every shot counts.

MLAIC class Colt and Mariette is class 7.40 Perkussionsrevolver. No difference in Germany if you shoot orignal or replice (neo-classical) with the DSB. (Bund Deutscher Sportschützen)

If you shoot with BDS (Bund Deutscher Schützen) the make a difference between

6141 Standard cap & ball fixed sights (Rogers & Spencer, Remington, Colt, LeMat,..)
6151 Standard cap & ball adjustable sights (same as above and I never really understood)
6161 Open Top cap & ball Colt, LeMat, ...
6171 free cap & ball sights any (Ruger Old Army, every of above

There is the DSU (Deutsche Sportschützen Union) and the SPI (Schwarzpulver Initiative) who organize competetitions uo to national level.

But only the DSB can nomiate a shooter for MLAIC competition.
Members of the BDS can take part in Cowboy Action Shooting if they have the SURT.

I take part in the 25m and 50m competitions with DSB and except for the musket the target is the ISSF target.Target

I too take part in competiton with the BDS. There are different targets used, depending on the weapon and range you shoot. BDS has likewise a precision programm of 15 shot but they have some interesting other competitions like falling plates with lever action rifle, s&s shotgun, recolver carbine / rifle.

Last edited:
Back