Quantcast

Hello from Germany

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

enfield

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Being a shooter for over 40 years now , I started blackpowder shooting in about 1980 with a Pedersoli " le Page " pistol . Since then , I'm fascinated of the precision which these muzzle loaders deliver .
Not too long after my debut , I started to shoot original vitage pistols , because I learned , that they are much more accurate built and also shoot much better than the average replica does .
Some time ago , I was lucky enough to purchase an old Ruggles underhammer pistol , sold by Hutchings Co , which caught my fascination since then , being kind of a primitive but extremely accurate gun .
So I decided to try my hands on building my own of these pistols , using only basic tools and old barrels , like our ancestors did , too .
If anyone should be interested , I'd be glade to share pictures and experiences .

Attachments

DOUBLEDEUCE 1

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Welcome ! This is a great place to be. Lots of good information and great people. :cool:

enfield

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Today , I started a new project .
I'm lucky to have had the muzzle piece , cut off from a worn-out Swiss Grünig&Elminger barrel in perfect mirror state in cal. 7,5mm Swiss ( .30 ) and a very short twist , which should make very well for a frontloading pistol .( The rear end was REALLY worn after several 1000 shots ... )
The rear third of the cutoff, I filed to an octagon of 21,5 mm , the front 2/3 i've turned to round on my 120 years old lathe . I cut a thread of 10X1mm and the same to the end plug , which is part of the " boxlock" - system . It's a really heavy barrel of 275mm length !
k-20200213_181407.jpg
k-20200213_181428.jpg

The provisional stock is only for getting an idea of the project ...Maybe , it will also have a detachable shoulder stock in the end ...:ghostly:

Rgds from Germany , enfield

Last edited:

Zonie

Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Looks interesting but, the Introductions area isn't really the place to start discussions about your projects.

I suggest that you start a post about your pistol in a more suitable place like the Handgun's area.

Latest posts