• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from Fairbanks Alaska

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, folks. I just joined this forum today, looks like a lot of really good information and expertise here.

I've wanted to get into black powder for years but finally bought a Lyman Great Plains rifle (.54cal, 1/60) since that was the most traditional looking rifle that fit my needs and was within my budget. I'm hoping to get started shooting this weekend, weather permitting and am sure I'll have plenty of questions for the forum!

:hatsoff: Howdy and welcome to the forum.Good ta have ya here.Enjoy the 54.Griz

Welcome to the fire!!
There is a lot of info on the forum about 54's right now.
Hermit

:hatsoff:
Louis,
Welcome to the forum,great to have you
on board.Fear not about asking questions...Even
seasoned b/p folks have questions.IMO
snake-eyes

Nothing wrong with a GPR. A very good rifle for hunting or the range. I love mine and it shoots PRB very well. This is definitely the place to be to learn from the best that our sport has to offer. You stay on here long enough you will learn a great deal. Any questions that you may have will be answered if you ask. Traditional Muzzleloading is very addictive but in a good way. You can't just own one. Before you know it you will have several. Just wait and see. Any way, welcome to the forum! Your in the right place. Respectfully, cowboys1062.

LouisK,
Welcome,
There is a muzzleloader club that shoots at roughly mile 12 of the Chena Hot Springs road. I left North Pole in 2009, and they were active then. Can't remember the name of the club, but it is something like Midnight Sun Muzzleloaders. Do a google search of muzzleloader clubs and you will find them. Good group of guys.
the steepest learning curve will occur if you get with like minded folks. I used to shoot muzzleloaders at the public range in Fairbanks, but didn't see a lot of us black powder guys out there.
Please feel free to PM me if you have more questions about shooting muzzleloaders in Alaska. It is awesome.
Cheers,
Norm

Back