• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Edmonton!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsako

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello fellow Canadians!
I’m pretty new to this forum as i just found it last week or so.

i’ve always been fond of BP rifles and have been successful in taking my share of game with BP rifles over the years. Both traditional and modern inlines.

Recent Story goes like this; i have always admired and wanted a BP revolver and recently rekindled that spirit in the past months...so, i started surfing...found this site. And what a great place for BP info it is!

Do many of you make it even more fun with “our silly Canadian regs” at the outdoor range with BP handguns?

Welcome sir, glad your aboard.
There are a few of us on here from the Edmonton area, a few more from within a couple hours, and a few more from around the province. All seem very friendly. I personally do not have a BP pistol, so cannot answer your question, sorry. I assume then you’re an active member of a range if you do own one, does your range have anything specific to BP? Also, should you have interest in the traditional roundball guns, the Alberta Black Powder Association has many shoots each season across central and Southern parts of the province. Might be something you wish to look into.
Again, welcome.
Walk

Welcome to the forum.
Never see BP pistol shooters, mind I live in a small world. 4 people at our range constitutes a large crowd, so not much exposure to what others are doing. All in all I think most people who buy a pistol just have different ideas of fun than us.
Years ago I had a repro Walker, just because I wanted one. Didn't get to the range much but did enjoy it when I did. Had to part with it for financial reasons and with changes to our licensing, never obtained my restricted, although I did take
the course.
As Walk said, the ABPA is a good source for info on shoots, where you're more likely to meet up with other folks with a pistol.
For some reason, the BP club range I belong to isn't certified for pistol so the subject hasn't come up amongst us.

Thank you all for the welcomes and info! Actually don’t own a BP revolver yet...just BP rifles. But have my eye on a couple Ruger Old Army revolver offerings. Not a “traditional period correct”...but solid! But i love it.

i’m sure to take the plunge and get one soon.

Welcome to forum. Lived on the border over 25 years ago and had no real issues then crossing the border. No idea today what it would take. Went on an archery hunt a couple years ago and the Mounties at the border could not believe that we only had archery tackle and no guns in the vehicle. After a rather complete search of our stuff believe they were upset we placed all the ‘trash’, for lack of a better word, they had disturbed in their border station trash container.

Again, welcome to the forum.

Too funny! Yes sir. 25 years ago...was that. I continue to inspire new comers to the the BP “old school” fun with the help of many folks that hang out here...PS. I have done archery for many years as well Thank you for the welcome!

Back