• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from Curly 50 cal.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure how to pose a question. But I am having a weak spark ignition problem with my Syler lock. Does using an emery cloth serve any purpose in dressing up the frizzen? If so what grit? My flint quality, alignment and spacing is good. Thanks for the help

Welcome Curley!

As to your question you can post it in the Flintlock Rifle section since your talking about a rifled muzzleloader. When your in that section you will see a space above titled threads that says Thread title. In that space type frizzen not sparking well and then in the space below type out your question or what info you would like to know. It’s just like you did for new member.

Hi Curly, Welcome from Middle England. My Curly (retriever) was the Brown one in the Front of my Avatar.
Can you scratch the frizzen face with a file?? If you can it's too soft. If you can't make sure you have good sharp edges to your flints. Knap new edges fairly often and check for sparks BEFORE Loading..
OLD DOG..

Latest posts

Back