• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from Commifornia

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonwittman

Vikingman
Reaction score
Just looking for help. I have a Ultra-Hi flintlock that main spring broke and need a replacement to save the gun from being a paper weight or Alec Baldwin movie prop. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• 20230207_131452.jpg
    20230207_131452.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 2
  • 20230207_132259.jpg
    20230207_132259.jpg
    728.4 KB · Views: 0
Find a local blacksmith if all else fails, that type of spring is reasonably simple to make and California, believe it or not, does have a sizeable smithing community... there are even folks who still make wrought iron there, but don't tell the environmentalists.

Find a local blacksmith if all else fails, that type of spring is reasonably simple to make and California, believe it or not, does have a sizeable smithing community... there are even folks who still make wrought iron there, but don't tell the environmentalists.
I'll give it a try if all else fails, thanks.

I also have an Ultra-High flint...the main spring broke on it last weekend :(
After looking high/low I ordered up a spring that comes on the Traditions Mountain
rifle, as it gives the appearance of being a close match. Its supposed to arrive
today and I'll attempt the install right away...will report back on how it matches.

Grew up in Ventura!

Last edited:
Back