• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Commifornia

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me know. I just sent my lock to Log Cabin in Lodi Ohio. They said they'd try and give it a go as they do you have the exact spring. You might call them and let them know you have the same thing. If they know they have 2 that they can fix they may try harder as they'd have to do some filing to make one work. Maybe we can get a group discount.
I shall give em a call next Monday...I was able to get the Traditions spring in and working (see my pics above)...had to do a small internal carving job but got it in and going...hope to get it to the range tomorrow for a try...I'm somewhat unprepared for flint use as all I have for powder is FFFT7 ( which didnt work very well) and Pyrodex FF...after crushing up the 2F, hoping to emulate 3-4F, it seemed to work well in the pan (in the garage!)

Years ago I bought a pile of parts from boxes at the Log Cabin. Old Mr. Kindig was still alive. I put together my own flintlock. Some years later here in WV my mainspring broke. No chance in finding another. I made my own and some 34 years later it is still going strong. I also made a new frizzen spring for another lock, still working. I love files and hacksaws!
Cheap oil hardening tool steel, harden, throw on top of lead in pot set at 600 degrees and let float for an hour. Fish it out to set on pot edge, shut off pot and let cool slow.
Make sure all scratches are gone before hardening.

Back