• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Commifornia

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1675964982037.png

Welcome.

So I decided to give the traditions spring a go anyway...here is what it looks like
in the lock...
lock spring.jpg
lock spring 2.jpg

The lock seems to work fine before putting in the stock. I had to do a bit of
carving to get it in but it fits ok and seems to function well...here is what I
carved...
carving.jpg

So I attempted to do some trial ignitions, with a new flint, in my garage and it lit
right off...then tried very low (20g) load with a couple patches and initially it
did well...smoked up the garage nicely...was using FFFT7 in the pan and muzzle.
But as I continued the ignition was maybe once every 10 tries then the patches would hit about once every ignitions....very disappointing. Tried different flints and powder...I'm no longer wondering why percussion caps were invented...for dunderheads like me! Surely flintlocks have to be more reliable than this. I'd be more dangerous by throwing the dang thing. Seems I have a lot to learn about how flint tech works. It could be spring related but I'm not sure.

Please explain to this jarhead incase I've done something else wrong
On the left where it shows our general location he put in a physical address that's shown to all. If searched it appears to be the only one in California and judging by his reaction to someone mentioning the town it shows up in might be his. In the short time I've been on this forum I've seen the same person point out someone's hometown or something in it more than once. They may not be up to anything nefarious but should be kept in mind that this is the interwebs and she's not always a friendly place.

One bit of accurate information may be used to see full ID, personal history, relatives, aerial pics of current and past homes, net worth, finances, criminal records, and absolutely everything else down to shoe size. Welcome to the net. Heck some can do it with just your IP address.

One bit of accurate information may be used to see full ID, personal history, relatives, aerial pics of current and past homes, net worth, finances, criminal records, and absolutely everything else down to shoe size. Welcome to the net. Heck some can do it with just your IP address.
Indeed. If one knows the website my state uses for property tax info someone can have my full name, my wife's full name, our exact address, the parcel number of our property and so on in seconds. This amount of info made available on the scale it is, is nothing short of criminal.

Indeed. If one knows the website my state uses for property tax info someone can have my full name, my wife's full name, our exact address, the parcel number of our property and so on in seconds. This amount of info made available on the scale it is, is nothing short of criminal.
While this is way OT folks need to to know how bad it can get and the damage some guy in a tent with a smart phone can do. Heck even googling yourself can be downright dangerous.

I also have an Ultra-High flint...the main spring broke on it last weekend :(
After looking high/low I ordered up a spring that comes on the Traditions Mountain
rifle, as it gives the appearance of being a close match. Its supposed to arrive
today and I'll attempt the install right away...will report back on how it matches.

Grew up in Ventura!
Let me know. I just sent my lock to Log Cabin in Lodi Ohio. They said they'd try and give it a go as they do you have the exact spring. You might call them and let them know you have the same thing. If they know they have 2 that they can fix they may try harder as they'd have to do some filing to make one work. Maybe we can get a group discount.

Latest posts

Back