• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from central Calif. Modesto

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labrat

40 Cal
Reaction score
Greetings to all from an elderly wanting to get into building my first flintlock rifle kit. I've always loved the absolute beauty of this rifle and I hope to gain some of the knowledge you have to get me thru the tough spots. I have absolutely no knowledge of flintlocks. Never fired one or held one. I just know that I want to build one, embellish it to my liking and I know the g-kids would love it. I have already made the commitment by ordering a Kibler colonial rife kit, highly recommended. I Thank You for any help you can give me.....

Greetings to all from an elderly wanting to get into building my first flintlock rifle kit. I've always loved the absolute beauty of this rifle and I hope to gain some of the knowledge you have to get me thru the tough spots. I have absolutely no knowledge of flintlocks. Never fired one or held one. I just know that I want to build one, embellish it to my liking and I know the g-kids would love it. I have already made the commitment by ordering a Kibler colonial rife kit, highly recommended. I Thank You for any help you can give me.....
Take your time....lots of patience....and ask plenty of questions.....kits are fun. The best part is: you'll love to shoot it.
And also: welcome to the forum...

Welcome. Flintlocks are as much art as technology. They appeal very much to me because I love old, analog, mechanical technology. And I love a challenge. I bowhunt with 1960 recurve bows and wood arrows . . . because I was willing to put in the hours and hours (still shoot almost daily) to be proficient.

Flintlocks appeal to many. And you're in the right place. They can be frustrating at first but when you play to their strengths and learn their quirks are a LOT of fun and satisfaction. Forgive me for drawing this simlile - but like in marriage: sometimes the slightly eccentric ones are a better spouce in the long run. 😵

I think you have some rendezvous around your area, so you can really impress folks there with your new gun, once you get it done. Welcome !

Welcome, from East Texas. Lots of information here. You will love the Kibler!

Latest posts

Back