• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from CA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djaproperties

Looking for all the 17th century history I can get
Reaction score
I just came to this this forum in my relentless search for information. I fired a few muzzle loaders back in my boy scout days eons ago, and started getting back in to learning the history and more nuance of flintlocks over the last year and a half. May buy a pistol or two in the near term for some fun shooting at a range, but definitely hoping to learn as much as I can.

Thank you both! It might take me a minute to get up to speed on this forum, but I also can't believe I didn't find it in almost a year of work so far, so I hope I don't dive in too fast!

Welcome from California
A quick look at your history, and I see we are basically neighbors! Just down the hill a bit in Sac and head up you way for all kinds of things many times a year.....

Welcome to the forum. Recently NYS passed a law requiring background checks on ML transfers but the federal NICS system won't process them. What are the CA regs on ML's?

Welcome to the forum. Recently NYS passed a law requiring background checks on ML transfers but the federal NICS system won't process them. What are the CA regs on ML's?
I am unfortunately not familiar enough with the regulations to comment. I hear people around here complain often and loud about how stringent the regulations are, but then I don't know a single person who doesn't own something they want (well, I do know one who wants a Tomahawk, I don't think that counts though), so I can't imagine things are as bad as they want to whine about....
Welcome from Arizona
My origin! Phoenix born and raised, though raised hell all over the desert and the mountains for far too long!

I appreciate everyone and thank you for the welcome! Now to see if I can start finding answers to my questions about the 17th century and the flintlocks of the era over on my other post......

Welcome to the muzzleloading world. What part of the state are you located? We have the Santa Cruz Muzzleloading club where I am.

Back