• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

hello from borthern ky

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hello to all from northern kentucky
i have been viewing you for a while and finally decided to join in.
i am a bit of a newbie to traditional muzzle
loading although i had shot a little in the past year.
i have found this forum most educational.
i have 2 percussion rifles and 2 percussion pistols and an h&r buffalo classic that i use strictly for black powder cartridge as well as a flintlock rifle.
if there are any fellow northern kentuckians here who know of any local clubs drop a line.
i look forward to being a part of the Muzzleloading community

Welcome from Idaho. Don't know much about Kentucky cept they made nice flinters and I hear it is pretty country.

if there are any fellow northern kentuckians here who know of any local clubs drop a line.
Welcome....

I don't know about any clubs down there, but, the NMLRA grounds is an hour's drive away from the Covington area. I'm going over next Saturday 6/5/2021 to shoot a little at primitive that afternoon...or the woods walk.. If you come over, bring a smoke pole and I'll be glad to help and we can shoot together for a while.

i have been viewing you for a while and finally decided to join in.
i am a bit of a newbie to traditional muzzle
loading although i had shot a little in the past year.
i have found this forum most educational.
i have 2 percussion rifles and 2 percussion pistols and an h&r buffalo classic that i use strictly for black powder cartridge as well as a flintlock rifle.
i look forward to being a part of the Muzzleloading community
Welcome!

Borthern.....? Would that be the northern border of Kentucky?

:D

Welcome....

I don't know about any clubs down there, but, the NMLRA grounds is an hour's drive away from the Covington area. I'm going over next Saturday 6/5/2021 to shoot a little at primitive that afternoon...or the woods walk.. If you come over, bring a smoke pole and I'll be glad to help and we can shoot together for a while.
bp
thanks for the offer.......unfortunately i have a surgery scheduled for that week and will at worse case be on restricted activity for a couple of weeks, best case a few days....i knew that when i joined but enjoyed reading and learning from you all. i am familiar with firearms mostly smokeless, but did get an pietta 1853 new army and a percussion derringer from my son in law and a tc renegade given to me by a co worker hunting buddy who was dieing of cancer. Also have a spanish made 45 cal percussion ky longrifle that my father gave me when i was a teenager..it was a kit ...i butchered it then so it is one of my restoration projects .....never could bring myself to get rid of it as it was from dad
i dont have the deep pockets for some of those beautiful pieces that i have seen here so i look for bargins and upgrade them as finances permit and right now am enjoying the heck outa flintlocking it.....plenty to learn and plenty of new shooting techniques to try to master.
there is a wildlife management area in crittenden ky that has rifle, skeet, and trap ranges as well having hunnting to the public under ky regulations...a friend told me that they had closed the rifle range but i called them friday and the gentleman told me that they were open sun up to sunset tuesday thru friday and i believe 12 noon to sunset on weekends.
if you are ever in the northern ky area drop me a line and we surely will put some smoke in the air. maybe the organization will have some more gatherings later in the the summer.
by the way what part of the country are you from?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back