• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Australia

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Studit

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello all.

I'm Stuart from Victoria (South East Australia).

I enjoy hunting & target shooting. About 3 years ago I began single action shooting. I enjoyed it but wasn't hooked until one of the guys brought out the black powder.
I have since developed a keen interest in early single shot rifles & started reloading black powder cartridges for my 44-40 1876 Winchester (which I will never mention here again) & was soon the proud owner of a shiny new pair of New Army Remingtons.
I soon got myself a Sharps 54 cal falling block carbine (hopefully I can mention this one again) & my most recent purchase was a 45 cal Kentucky flintlock.
I have been promised a small home made cannon & was looking around for carriage plans when I stumbled across this forum.
The black powder community in Australia is small & spread across the country. I have 2 other friends who own muzzleloaders, one is very keen & travels to Europe regularly for the battle of Waterloo celebrations.
I have family in AR & TX. I have just returned from a visit with them & plan on returning in 2 years around Memorial Weekend.
That is the short introduction. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all in the forum.

These cartridge firearms are just a fad. They'll never catch on.

From Ohio, g'day mate!
Stretch your next visit to the states to include the opening weekend at the huge muzzle loader shoot at Friendship, Indiana. You'll be glad you did.

I arrived home on June 12th. Just a few more days... I'll be sure to include it in 2017.

Welcome, Mate :hatsoff:

Your stumble was most fortuitous, for it has brought you to the place you want to be. Quite a few of your fellow Aussies here, too.

You will fit right in. :thumbsup:

Richard/"Grumpa"
Westsylvania

Grumpa said:
Quite a few of your fellow Aussies here, too.

I'm looking forward to meeting them. Hopefully there's a few Gippslanders among them.

G'day Stuart, from a fellow Aussie.
I once worked with a bloke from Gippsland & when I asked him if coming from Gippsland made him some sort of a Gipp or something, he replied "what about you, from Gayndah in Queensland".
Anyhow, you will find much of interest here with the very many long time black powder shooters.
O.

Welcome come early stay late and enjoy,lots of good information and friendly people on here.Was in Perth for 9 days back in 1980???? great ,friendly people and Swan Beer,,, what's not to love????

Welcome aboard.

I have always wondered but never asked.

Can you guys hunt kangaroo's?

Is there a season or is it a "pest/protection of property thing"?

Or are they a "no shoot" national animal thing?

Just curious...

Vomir le Chien said:
Was in Perth for 9 days back in 1980???? great ,friendly people and Swan Beer,,, what's not to love????

The Swan Lager. Victorian Beer is the best :)

galamb said:
Welcome aboard.

I have always wondered but never asked.

Can you guys hunt kangaroo's?

Is there a season or is it a "pest/protection of property thing"?

Correct. But you need a permit. They're good eating...

welcome mate, this is a great site, lots of good helpful people, and yes a good few from down under.

cheers

Heelerau

Back