• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from a Texas Bench Gunner from the 80'S

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may have met you in Berryville. I used to walk up and watch those big guns bark, amazing!
Fat Alice and I shot in Berryville from about 1980 to 1984 both spring and fall. She won a lot. That was where I would put a vintage 20 power Unertl scope on her after I had shot my targets, put a 100 yard target at 25 or 50 yards and let the kids shoot her. They loved it. "Keep her on the x and pull the trigger when I tap you on the shoulder" The first match in the morning, just for fun and fouling/ warm up purposes, double charge, no ball, pull her under the shed and let her rip. The entire length of the shed would rumble, any dew from that night would rain down and pretty much every time someone would yell " Fat Alice is awake" and the fun would start for the day. Sure miss those days. Berryville was a ball, especially on Saturday night ( Ozark moonshine sometime showed ).

Rigged for use when the kids would shoot her on Saturday afternoon
IMG_0384.jpg

Here is a picture of Fat Alice ( Fat Alice Abbot was a brothel owner in El Paso in the late 1800's). Miss shooting her. 2 1/4" H& H with false muzzle, sealed ignition, variety of sights used including a 20 power Unertl for kids to shoot Alice after I had finished with match targets. Modified Pope style short starter, powder drop tube, ramrod with pressure gage and seating depth stop. .577" shooting .595" with .020" Web Terry teflon pillow ticking.View attachment 98905

Scott , That is a beautiful shoulder fired rocket launcher .
Gunnyr

Latest posts

Back