• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello friends from Souteast Texas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 52723

32 Cal
Reaction score
read a lot here lately decided to join up. I love BP and now hunt almost exclusively with it. Have one modern rifle left but hardly leaves gun case. I still do some hog hunting with my revolvers but mostly BP. Started with Investarms Cabelas 50cal. In percussion. Shoot TC maxi balls with Lyman 57SML and 17 globe. Wanted more so had CLA artisan Ross Westgate build me a 1740 Bucks Co. Pennsylvania flinter with 1:65 twist in 54 cal. It is a beautiful piece with the name "Rebekah". Nothing beats the feeling of having a grip on a real BP gun on a cool fall morning on the track. In the wild with my BP companion is my happy place. Recently wanted to complete a BP battery. I wanted wife and grandkids to be able to participate. Today I ordered a Pedersoli Kentucky Rifle in 32 cal. For them, I might tinker with it a little😉. I also have been longing for a smoothbore, so now that I have reached the grand age of 60, next week I am ordering a North West Trade gun from Danny Caywood in Arkansas It is a 62/20 with 41" bbl. Jug choked full. Will be a 7 month wait, but will have for next years turkey. Hunt. That's it, hope to hear from yall and make some friends and who knows share a campfire someday, TC.

Attachments

• IMG_20210122_195039.jpg
    IMG_20210122_195039.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 32
read a lot here lately decided to join up. I love BP and now hunt almost exclusively with it. Have one modern rifle left but hardly leaves gun case. I still do some hog hunting with my revolvers but mostly BP. Started with Investarms Cabelas 50cal. In percussion. Shoot TC maxi balls with Lyman 57SML and 17 globe. Wanted more so had CLA artisan Ross Westgate build me a 1740 Bucks Co. Pennsylvania flinter with 1:65 twist in 54 cal. It is a beautiful piece with the name "Rebekah". Nothing beats the feeling of having a grip on a real BP gun on a cool fall morning on the track. In the wild with my BP companion is my happy place. Recently wanted to complete a BP battery. I wanted wife and grandkids to be able to participate. Today I ordered a Pedersoli Kentucky Rifle in 32 cal. For them, I might tinker with it a little😉. I also have been longing for a smoothbore, so now that I have reached the grand age of 60, next week I am ordering a North West Trade gun from Danny Caywood in Arkansas It is a 62/20 with 41" bbl. Jug choked full. Will be a 7 month wait, but will have for next years turkey. Hunt. That's it, hope to hear from yall and make some friends and who knows share a campfire someday, TC.
welcome

Howdy from Houston

Back