• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello fm Fallon Kid

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you do BRCR we have monthly matches at our long range in Fernly. Great bunch of guys and gals. I'm kinda adding BP to my dance card. My primer stack is about 12K but 2 matches a month goes quick. Practice? what's that? I do my testing and workups at Stillwater Range. Weekdays as in use weekends. I would like to go out with somebody experienced cap/ball and muzzle jamming. And if your interested in BPCR I got a nice Uberti 45-70 high wall with LR MVA sights and in a Pelican case. I got too many fire sticks. Anyway if you need to foul the air someday get back and we can hit the range. I have a Whitworth and Gibbs. Both .451 Paper Patch. I am upping my learning curve to shoot them. Jerry

Modern stuff I dont have much, pretty much just a couple 44mag and limited round.
I shoot primarily Flintlocks; .45, .50, 75, and a dog lock blunderbuss. I do shoot cap and ball as well; a hand-me-down .56 half stock Hawken I repaired for someone, and a couple .44 revolvers.

Dont know if I am "experianced" or not but I learned from some who are very experianced and always seeking to learn more. I have been trained on canon and swivel guns, done a fair amount of 'show' shooting (blanks) for pirate events and Civil War - but I find pulling the trigger with no ball down the barrel just plain boring and a waist of good powder.
I shoot only BP, no synthetic.

Would love to get together and shoot...when this heat breaks - I dont do 90s very well 🥵

Sorry bout getting back. Getting a jar of water and back to loading. 45acp. Got a Wild Bunch match soon. For whatever reason I have been having the worst run of 45acp luck. Cases keep getting bulged during load process. Bought new Hornady Custom Grade and doing the basics. Just when i thought I knew everything. Later J

New here and not real computer smart. Even less smart about shooting as my latest scores make new shooters smile.
I was there once to inspect a LORAN station. What I remember most is the number of spiders in the transmitter case.

Wecome Fallon kid. I'm a native Nevadan. Live in Reno, from Hawthorne. I shoot alot, usually on public land, that is what is so great about Nevada, mostly BLM land.

Back