• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello Everyone

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkybond007

32 Cal
Reaction score
I’m young (22) and primarily collect military surplus rifles (Finnish Mosins mainly), and I’ve decided that I’d like to get into traditional muzzleloading. I have a Traditions Mountain Rifle, but I’d really like to acquire a Lyman Great Plains Rifle.
If anyone has a Lyman GPR percussion in .54 for sale, let me know! I would post a WTB, but there’s a minimum post limit to post in that section.
Looking forward to learning more about muzzleloading!

Welcome from FL & the Middle East. I have four Mosins. None are Finnish but one is a Remington. Be careful with black powder. It's a lot more addictive than Mosins & one is all it takes!

Old military rifles are a lot of fun too. Especially when you are shooting ammo with corrosive primers!

Welcome!!
Until you find one on this forum, try gunbroker and some online firearms auctions. Much good fortune to you.
Sons have 2 and updated to archangel....very accurate.

Thanks everyone! This seems like a very friendly place.
Welcome from the S Oregon Coast.
You'll love that GPR in .54, works well for deer and elk.
That’s exactly what I plan to use it for!
Welcome from FL & the Middle East. I have four Mosins. None are Finnish but one is a Remington. Be careful with black powder. It's a lot more addictive than Mosins & one is all it takes!
Very nice! I doubt that I’ll become more addicted to black powder than milsurps, but we’ll see!
Old military rifles are a lot of fun too. Especially when you are shooting ammo with corrosive primers!
I actually don’t even like to shoot corrosive ammo. That’s one thing that makes me nervous about getting into black powder. Hopefully I’ll learn how to clean black powder effectively!

BP is actually a lot easier to clean than those “other” ones with pointy boolits…
Only thing is you HAVE to clean them ASAP, no napping in front of the TV after the range!
Better yet, clean them at the range then nap when home!!

Back