• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello! Black powder shooter for years, new to the forum

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I’m new to the forum but not new to muzzleloading. I have been at it off and on since I was sixteen. Just turned sixty five and have belonged to a club on Owatonna MN for years. On a waiting list for Dakota County gun club. Right now I have only one flintlock (Hatfield .50) and the Ol’ reliable percussion T/C Hawken .50.
I’m amazed by the knowledge out the among the members and look forward to harvesting wisdom.
It seems there aren’t too many traditional sidelock shooters so we better stick together. I’m also in the south metro in Apple Valley, MN. I’d really enjoy shooting with a fellow black powder enthusiast.
Glad to be apart of the tradition.
Snooterpup

Thanks for the welcome Zonie,
I’m looking forward to learning all I can about flintlocks, their geometry, the different schools producing such distinctive styles and anything I can do to fine tune a lock.I’m particularly interested in the angle of the cock in relation to the frizzen as well as spring tension to kick the frizzen forward.
Thanks again!

Back