• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello All!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am new to the forum and wanted to say Hi ya'll.I am a newbee to the forum and new to Muzzleloading..alot to learn..thank you :v
Welcome! This is the place to learn. The members here are a great group of people. Very helpful and always there to answer your questions. Enjoy yourself and feel free to ask questions. Art

Know that journey. We lost our 14 year old Kerry Blue Terrier last year.

Like idiots we have a six month old puppy - an Airedale. Busy, busy, busy. The house was just too quiet and our possessions needed to be chewed up. He's just starting to "get it" and there is hope.

Know that journey. We lost our 14 year old Kerry Blue Terrier last year.

Like idiots we have a six month old puppy - an Airedale. Busy, busy, busy. The house was just too quiet and our possessions needed to be chewed up. He's just starting to "get it" and there is hope.

Airedale's are great dogs, my good friend has two, lots of curly hair, sounds from your post you are from up state NY, out in the woods like we are , lots of cocklebues, star thistle, fox tails, etc, buy two or three good dog combs, you will be able to put them to good use.

Oh yes. Actually the Airedale has a very hard coat compared to the Kerry Blue we had before. Things comb out easily that I used to have to tug and cut.

I've had him out on woods walks a couple times and he may work out as a hunting companion. I'm not pushing him for that.

Our Jake saw me shoot a squirrel and after that he NEVER got in front of the muzzle. He'd walk along behind me. But he would sit and stay under a tree and I would walk to the other side and then call him to move - spooking the squirrel to change positions to where I could shoot it. He never did catch on to grouse . . . but then I don't know how to train a bird dog. ;-). Now, if I hunted tennis balls . . .

lol..:).great stories guys...Dogs are hard not to live without...listing to your stories, I am so tempted to get another companion....another great friend...friends are so hard to come by...:)
It took nearly 10 years to get another dog after my first died. He is now 12 and still forgets he isn't a puppy...

Latest posts

Back