• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello all or "Well, that didn't take long."

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bakerjw

32 Cal
Reaction score
Good day all. I live in N.E. Tennessee at the feet of the Appalachians and have been into shooting in one form or another for most of my life. I actually moved here from Illinois back in 2006 and it was the best thing that I have ever done.
I am an RSO at our local gun club which I enjoy as it lets me meet members, keep a safe environment and see what others are shooting. Last Wednesday, the black powder guys were out in force shooting silhouettes. The black powder cartridge shooters ended their "season" a couple of months back. These were the muzzle loader black powder guys and they were having a blast. IIRC they all had flintlocks and some were even antique ones too. I was offered a chance to shoot pretty much every firearm that they had. They love sharing the smoke experience. Anytime one of them would knock over one of the long range silhouettes, they'd cheer. The cheers caused some new club members to think that something was wrong until I assured them that all was fine.
I've not been shooting much lately due to the well know supply issues. Heck I can't even get #10 percussion caps for my Colt Walker replica. but I can get lead and black powder and after observing the amount of fun that they were having, I started looking into entry level flint lock muzzle loaders.
Military Heritage has an 1806 Baker rifle due in here in a couple of weeks, but it is a smoothbore. A rifle that is a smoothbore? Their replicas are capable of firing; however, they require drilling out the vent hole to make them capable of being fired. Not too big of an issue.

Anyway, I opted for a Traditions Kentucky .50 flintlock kit which is on it's way. It was reasonably prices and allows me get familiar with the assembly and to personalize it a bit.

So... That's what brought me here.

ETA... Finishing the barrel will be one of the first tasks.

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the flintlock support group. :thumb: You might as well read this and come to terms right off the bat with the fact that there's no going back: Click Here 😄

Welcome to the Forum. M/L is spoken here. Flintlocks first, then those modern contraptions, cap guns. 😁 .
Me, I am a CRSO at my local R/P club. One of only a few who choose to shoot muzzle loaders. Been shooting them for close to 40 years at the club and they still draw attention from the rest of the club members. A friend and I run the black powder portion of the Women On Target course every year, showing the ladies the wonders of muzzle loading world.

Good day all. I live in N.E. Tennessee at the feet of the Appalachians and have been into shooting in one form or another for most of my life. I actually moved here from Illinois back in 2006 and it was the best thing that I have ever done.
I am an RSO at our local gun club which I enjoy as it lets me meet members, keep a safe environment and see what others are shooting. Last Wednesday, the black powder guys were out in force shooting silhouettes. The black powder cartridge shooters ended their "season" a couple of months back. These were the muzzle loader black powder guys and they were having a blast. IIRC they all had flintlocks and some were even antique ones too. I was offered a chance to shoot pretty much every firearm that they had. They love sharing the smoke experience. Anytime one of them would knock over one of the long range silhouettes, they'd cheer. The cheers caused some new club members to think that something was wrong until I assured them that all was fine.
I've not been shooting much lately due to the well know supply issues. Heck I can't even get #10 percussion caps for my Colt Walker replica. but I can get lead and black powder and after observing the amount of fun that they were having, I started looking into entry level flint lock muzzle loaders.
Military Heritage has an 1806 Baker rifle due in here in a couple of weeks, but it is a smoothbore. A rifle that is a smoothbore? Their replicas are capable of firing; however, they require drilling out the vent hole to make them capable of being fired. Not too big of an issue.

Anyway, I opted for a Traditions Kentucky .50 flintlock kit which is on it's way. It was reasonably prices and allows me get familiar with the assembly and to personalize it a bit.

Hello. I am also from NE TN and recently got into black powder shooting, well starting to. Where is this club you are talking about? Alot I don't know and need a little help finding the right stuff to shoot as far as wadding, powder, shot and everything else that goes with it. Lol. I don't know how to send messages on here yet as I am new. Any info on the club and where to get supplies would be appreciated.

Was you shooting at Bays mtn rod and gun club

Back