• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello all from PA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boondocker

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Howdy Folks
I gota tell ya I got bit by the flinter bug. Now I got to start collecting pure lead.We have a couple hobby builders at the club and they made some nice rifles. I went to Dixons this last weekend for the fair. Now I have to build my own PA Longrifle and I am leaning towards an early Lancaster but not to fancy yet. My wife LOVES my hobbies at least I am not drinking it up lol. This is a really nice sight and I hope my questions wont annoy you Boon.

. . . and I hope my questions wont annoy you Boon.

Not likely. Just don't ask Zonie why he carries a 38 lb longrifle or Musketman what that smell is. Don't ask Liver Eatin Johnson for a bite of his sandwich, Claude for the brand of the most historically correct candybar for trekking, don't ask Maxiball for the P.E.T.A. website address, Squirrelsaurus Rex for a good tree-rat recipie or me for my favoritre kind of ATV. Other than that, the sky's the limit.

Welcome and good luck on building your first longrifle. I guess if we don't hear from Bob1961 we can figure that he went over to Boon's to show him some of those nice guns he built and to offer some encouragement :winking:
Zman

welcome boon glad to have a fellow northeast pa man around....where bouts are ya....i'm up in pike county as far northeast as you can get....i'm also looking for someone to hunt with in different new areas....

zman....thanks for your words but i just restocked my T/C hawken thats all for now till i get the parts for my own creation....i'm going to get all the loose parts and try a scratch built one with a matching pistol also...........................bob

Wilkomen, Boone! Nice to see another PA boy on board. There's a good bunch o' folks here with a lot of good information.
Where do you hail from? I'm from Susquehanna County.
Rick

Thanks for the welcome fellas. I am from Hunlock Creek just south of Wilkes Barre about16 miles. I live in the country on 8 acres wish I had more. All the neighbors are old time families and we hunt on each other that makes it nice. I must admit that I have been not hunting for about 5 yrs but am resuming this year. I guess I better since I am teaching my 1st Pa Hunter Safety Course this weekend at the club. Became certified this spring. The reason I am going flint is to hunt differently. Hey Bob when I get a little slowed down we will have to get together, between work and side work at home and the club things have been a little hectic lol. Boon

You lucky devil you. You got to go to Dixon's. For myself it's on the other side of the continent and I can't get that much time off just to play. Enjoy and don't stock up on too much wood. Save some for us.

Hey Bob when I get a little slowed down we will have to get together, between work and side work at home and the club things have been a little hectic lol. Boon

yeah i know what ya mean....3rd shift here + the side jobs = no time for much here also...................................bob

Hey from Lycoming county, South Williamsport to be exact, however I moved to Columbus in Dec of 2000, needed a move at the time, this wasn't it.
Smoke

boondocker,
welcome to the forum. questions don't annoy no one here! it's the answers!!! that is why this forum is
here, so opinions are put forth!
again welcome
I am snake-eyes :relax: :relax: :relax: :relax:

Another Pa ridge runner is allways welcome! I'm from Nothumberland County. Relax, enjoy. The only dumb questions are the ones never asked, that result in dumb mistakes. I am also a Pa HTE Instructor. :RO: Check out IHEA's website for instructors when you have a chance.

My family is from the Wilkes Barre area. I grew up in Philadelphia, but now live in New Orleans.

Capt. William

Hi Boondocker;

First, Welcome.

Second, I can't guarantee you much, but can guarantee that the fellows here will welcome your questions and they WILL help you out!

Ironsights Jerry
Uniontown, PA

Hello folks
Busy week , just instructed my first hunter safety course this weekend. Thirty new hunters in the woods this year. Our club has a great hunter ed program that covers it all, bow,black powder,trapping and above all safety. After the grads got their cards we had an informal shoot which was fun to watch the kids. Now I have to get busy on my shopping for my parts cant wait. Boon :peace:

Latest posts

Back