• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hell on Wheels , cap and ball action galore

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost every revolver in the series is a .44 Brass frame of some sort. Bohannon gets a steel frame 1858 Remington in season 3 probably because the producers read and take part in the Reddit and other fan pages and got tired of people complaining about Bohannons incorrect brass frame 1860. So they ponied up for a Pietta 1858. As a cool side effect they got to rip off the Pale Rider cylinder swap a few times.

I honestly enjoyed the show more because of the blatently incorrect revolvers and hokey gun play.
Wasn't there some comment in one of the earlier show's dialog about a recovered bullet that came from a Griswold? I recall feeling a little "humor" in that statement. Seriously was a Griswold bullet that much more different than a Colt of the same caliber?

Last edited:
Wasn't there some comment in one of the earlier shows dialog about a recovered bullet that came from a Griswold? I recall feeling a little "humor" in that statement. Seriously was a Griswold bullet that much more different than a Colt of the same caliber?
They throw some odd stuff in there with the Griswold, there is no way they would have known what kind of .36 revolver fired the bullet, even if Bohannon had still been carrying Confederate produced ammo , there is no "Griswold" bullet :D It's even funnier because he doesn't even carry a Griswold for the entirety of the show except the Pilot that shows him with a .44 Brasser....it would have been easy enough to find a Pietta round barrel brass frame .36 "Griswold" but this stuff just makes the show more Spaghetti-Western like which is entertaining.

He even says to Gen Grant, that he wishes he could have been this close to him 2 years ago with a Griswold in his hand and Grant is like "The Griswold, damn unreliable weapon" and I'm laughing to myself like, what did they make like 500 of them , I don't think Grant would even have an opinion on the Griswold & Gunnison revolver let alone know what one is. Or that they were any less reliable than any other Colt Navy clone.

The railroad work crew with Bohannon armed with 1866 Winchesters , standing out in the open without any attempt to find cover, just shooting in a field at that Snow guy was humorous too.

I didn't get to see too many episodes after the first season,I wasn't aware Grant was featured.Did they at least make the character look a little like Grant?

I didn't get to see too many episodes after the first season,I wasn't aware Grant was featured.Did they at least make the character look a little like Grant?
He looks like Grant, and they made sure to highlight the fact that he was pretty much permanently drunk

Custer makes an appearance too at the end

I won't ruin the ending but they easily could have kept the show running, and it seems like they left it open to be able to do that, but never did

Latest posts

Back