• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hege-Siber pistol. Look out 10 ring

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have wanted a Hege Siber for years. I couldn't quite swing the $750 cost for the basic pistol back in the early 1980s and I sure couldn't afford the $3000 for the U.S. Historical Gold Medal edition.
Every time I have seen one come up on the auction sites, which is not often, I've been beaten out. Until last week. I managed to win one of the Gold Medal editions in unfired condition. I will change that in the not to distant future. Can't wait to see if the reputation for extreme accuracy is deserved. IMG_0017.JPG IMG_0019.JPG IMG_0020.JPG IMG_0021.JPG IMG_0022.JPG IMG_0023.JPG

I have wanted a Hege Siber for years. I couldn't quite swing the $750 cost for the basic pistol back in the early 1980s and I sure couldn't afford the $3000 for the U.S. Historical Gold Medal edition.
Every time I have seen one come up on the auction sites, which is not often, I've been beaten out. Until last week. I managed to win one of the Gold Medal editions in unfired condition. I will change that in the not to distant future. Can't wait to see if the reputation for extreme accuracy is deserved.
Historical-clipped.jpg
Good one denster.
Keith.

Wow, very nice. I have never seen one before!
In the late 1800's Swiss Gunsmith and watchmaker Jean Siber produced a target pistol that swept the competitions of the time. In the late 1970's through the 1980's the German gunmaking firm of Hege exactly duplicated the Siber pistol and it preformed and still does well at the World muzzle loading matches.

I want one!!!! Never had the urge to own a pistol till about a year ago. Got to shoot a friends Old Army and shot it quite well. So I've been sort of looking at them. This might be the one. Thanks for showing. I wouldn't have known about them.

Jerry

I've been researching this a bit. Couldn't find much searching for U.S. Historical Society Hege Siber and it isn't listed in the Blue Book of blackpowder gun values. The BB does list a French version under Hege so Googled that and found the identical Gold Medal Edition ser# 500/6 sold by Barnabys auctions and described as being made for the French shooting federation. If anyone has any information regarding this it would be much appreciated. It would be like the U.S.Historical Society to buy up a contracted for but unsold issue and market it to wealthy individuals as an instant collectible which was their forte back in the day.

One year or perhaps two, CVA sold Hege Siber cased sets for $$$$$$$$$. Reputation for the best most accurate traditional design pistol.

Request anyone who has a collection of gun magazines particularly American Rifleman from 1983 to 1994 to see if they can locate the U.S. Historical Society add for this Hege Siber gold medal edition. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks. Still hoping someone that has old gun magazines from 1984 through 1994 will be able to find the U.S. Historical Society advertisement for this pistol. Sure would like to have it.

Beautiful pistol. It should be a shooter. I thought Hege was a German company that had specialty guns made to their specs. Could be wrong. I imported a Hege-Uberti 36 revolver in one of my shipments from Germany. A British high master pistol shooter at the friendship nationals saw it and talked me out of it. Said he’d been looking for one for years. I never even got around to shooting it. :(. They have a good reputation I know. If it’s the same company.

Ha ha! I just realized, once again, that I am "liking" 2.5-yr old posts!

Still waiting for the range report, though... :)
No range report to offer. Right after I found this I came across a Cook underhammer and have been shooting it exclusively and the Hege has just sat in my den. May list it for sale.

Back