• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Heading to Dixions gun shop today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's also an interesting black powder shop called Fort Chambers in Scotland/Chambersburg. They usually have a pretty good stock of guns, but were pretty low since the PA flintlock only season is in now and it was extended to 4 wks instead of the typical 2 wks after Christmas.
It was extended for all zones in PA? What is the official last date of the season now?

I got a daily shooter flinter from Dixons rack and everything but the wood for a flint pistol from the fair. That place is freeking awesome! It looks like it was a time shifted store and farm of my misspent youth.

A good friend of mine was at Dixons yesterday.
He said the shop was busy.

"Bad news, the Muzzleloader fair is no more.
Not covid, but the dwindling attendance, lack of help to set it up and operate it, and other factors has brought this event to its end.
Direct from the owners mouth
Let us stop and mourn our collective loss. Was like going to Mecca for many of us..."

Back