• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Heading to Dixions gun shop today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koz

36 Cl.
Reaction score
This is the place to buy real muzzleloading guns true and real honest gun shop in PA. I was wanting to go the fair they have every year but Covid squashed the fair this year. I don't want to risk waiting to see what next year will bring. Hence I am just going to the shop. I have cash in hand and ready to buy.

I will be looking for a PA long rifle, Bucks County style. 54 cal since I really want to hunt with the rifle. I hoping to come home with a rifle today. I want to thank members of this forum. I have learned so much for everyone here.

This is the place to buy real muzzleloading guns true and real honest gun shop in PA. I was wanting to go the fair they have every year but Covid squashed the fair this year. I don't want to risk waiting to see what next year will bring. Hence I am just going to the shop. I have cash in hand and ready to buy.

I will be looking for a PA long rifle, Bucks County style. 54 cal since I really want to hunt with the rifle. I hoping to come home with a rifle today. I want to thank members of this forum. I have learned so much for everyone here.
You should call them to see if you need an appointment.

Over last summer they were open to walk in with masks. They always have a bunch of beautiful rifles hanging from the ceiling near the back counter of the store. There are also Lymans and Pederosoli's also, plus consignments.

You picked a good day to go. They’re closed until the 23rd starting tomorrow. Good luck with your search.

Best Regards,

Josh Sawyer

I'm just around the corner form Dixons, a heads up cabelas is open and the crackerberrel is to(both farther down 78 from Dixons) Enjoy best bet for flintlocks since the Lewisburg show is canceled
No appointment needed BUT must be masked (lone ranger/batman)

Don't forget your mask.

il_fullxfull.165873582.jpg

I live about 60 mi. from Dixon's, always love the Fair. Hope enough vaccine and overall health is around that the Fair can continue in July this year. The drive there is nice, very "country", esp. in Summer when the corn's high! Dixon's known thru out the ML world as a real gem of a place.

Let us know about your trip at Dixon’s. I’m heading there for supplies the end of this month when they open.
Cabela's is a neat add-on to the trips to Dixon's, but currently it's pretty well stripped of a lot of stuff that would interest many of us....then there's the big cigar store nearby for those that like a puff now and then!

Did they have any powder?
They should have some yes. I was there not to long ago and Brenda accepted and was beginning to process a large delivery of powder that was made while I was looking around.

The custom rifles and fowlers they have hanging from the ceiling are hit or miss. The better builds from more renowned builders don’t last long and they don’t keep an online inventory so you kinda have to keep your fingers crossed that something good is there on the day you decide to visit the shop.

Best Regards,

Josh Sawyer

There's also an interesting black powder shop called Fort Chambers in Scotland/Chambersburg. They usually have a pretty good stock of guns, but were pretty low since the PA flintlock only season is in now and it was extended to 4 wks instead of the typical 2 wks after Christmas.

The custom rifles/smoothbore are hit and miss. Sometimes you go in and not much to pick from and other times there are plenty. Alot depends on people wanting to sale their guns. I did luck out couple years ago and picked up a custom .54 SMR built by John Bergmann and couldn’t beat the price! It’s a great shop and Greg and Brenda are great people! I always enjoy my visits there!

Back