• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hawkins stock help

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Eric. I appreciate it. I’m sorry about the knee. Will be praying for relief and a good doctor!
Thanks Phil for the photo.

I had some time this afternoon and worked on the nose some. First pic is from yesterday. Second is from reworking it today.
4A5D8FE7-25CB-41CE-80F4-1BC10B88E517.jpeg
26711FA0-7A7B-450E-B6D2-B7A6345025F2.jpeg

Thank you all for your kind words! It was fun to make it cleaner looking for my brother in law.

@Loja man , did you use the black, yellow, then brown staining routine that Dave Person spoke of?
Yes and no. So yes, I used the black and yellow dye like Dave dose. No in that I used one coat of diluted nut brown LMF stain. I think on some of his he uses a different color of stain after the black and yellow dye. So same process, just a different stain at the end

Yes and no. So yes, I used the black and yellow dye like Dave dose. No in that I used one coat of diluted nut brown LMF stain. I think on some of his he uses a different color of stain after the black and yellow dye. So same process, just a different stain at the end
Thanks. I’m considering a refinish on my GPR and was curious. That rifle turned out beautifully by the way.

Could you direct me to his thread describing that staining process, curious

Hey Will,
If you search the forum for “staining American walnut” thier are a couple other threads where Dave talks about his process of staining and sealing American Walnut.

Back